Chapter Eighteen} Fręåk

<><><>

I'm lying in bed at three a.m.
My eyes are getting heavy
But I'm afraid to close my eyes
So I hold them wide and ready

Don't tell me just to go to sleep
I really don't give a damn
Don't tell me that I'm not a freak
Cause a freak is who I am

<><><>

***

      Yes, she killed her mother. Yes, Castor was involved. The thing is, Castor was Black's older brother, n-not younger. He was twenty one when he died fifteen years ago. She was only eight, but already had the mind of a killer. With the help of her twenty year old brother, they plotted an incredible murder, starring an AR15 and a k-kitchen knife that Black still has with her today.

When a neighbor heard the w-woman's screams and called the cops, the siblings tried their best to save their own asses. Castor tried his best to keep his sister from getting sent to the G- Graveyard, it was no use. She was shipped off to The Graveyard anyway, and he was sent to the Barrons to rot.

The two were torn apart, thrown into separate camps without even getting to say goodbye. B- Black- B- B- Black received the news almost exactly a year later that Castor had died attempting to escape the Barrons. His cell mate reported that he had said he need to see hissssssssister. Another source had recalled him saying something about wanting to see his one year old baby g- girl.

     Black never knew which it was.

     A nine year old girl, left without a brother or a m- mother in the eye of the hurricane known as The G- Graveyard. All she l- longed l- l- longed for was a chance to reunite with her brother b- brother, just to say goodbye.

     Castor may be gone, but his daughter is still- still here. Here without a mother and without a father-r. Vulnerable. A freak...

***

"You two are insane!" I yell. My hands tug at my hair, threatening to rip it straight out of my scalp. "Absolutely insane."

Black doesn't react, just leans back and sighs. "We aren't insane, Emma. We're trying to protect you."

     I whip around to face Black, livid. "Protect me? Protect me from what? Don't try to justify this, Black. You're a liar and a murderer and just a horrible person overall. Go die."

     I start toward the door, trying to sort out all of my emotions. I'm angry, confused, afraid, disappointed, betrayed and actually kind of sad. How could they do this to me? Why would they do this to me?

     For a split second, I think that I'll be free if I just walk out that door. I think that if I can just make it outside, I'll be okay.

     But I don't make it to the door.

     "Grace, go get the gun."

Blaze looks up from her fingers- which she's been fiddling with- her eyes so wide they could pop right out of her skull.

"What the fuck, Marlee," Blaze says, glaring at Black, "No!"

Black turns slowly toward her, a sickening snarl curling over her lip. If I were Blaze, I'd get the gun so fast that it'd be in Black's hands before anyone would have time to question it.

"Listen to me," She says, her voice barely over a whisper. "If you don't get that gun, I'll get it myself. And the next person I use it on will be you."

Like a rational human being, Blaze then obeys, shaking like a maraca. I don't move. I can't. It's like my feet have been glued to the floor, and the floor's on fire.

      Black smirks at me, an eyebrow cocked. My chest burns with hatred. I can barely stand to look at her, let alone be this close to her. "Why don't you run?" She asks, leaning up against the kitchen table.

      Don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry- "Its more fun for you that way." I say, my voice breaking. "If I'm going to die, might as well make it quick."

Black shakes her head. "You're really stupid, Emma."

I shrug. "If I wasn't, my life would be really boring, wouldn't it?"

Black nods slowly, subtly looking up the stairs for Blaze. "I suppose so." She turns back to me, her face relaxing. She almost looks... human. "Listen, I'm really sorry it has to be this way."

"No you're not."

"Kay, I'm not. But I feel like that's something you'd say before a murder."

"Yeah, you're doing everything right."

I know I look calm on the outside, but on the inside, there's a hurricane that's thriving. Everything's being thrown around in different places, and I can't find anything I need. My will to live is missing, my survival instinct is out the window, and I'm pretty sure that my dignity drowned like a half hour ago.

     I'm freaking out, but I can't seem to put everything together well enough to do something about it.

     "Where the hell is she?" Black mumbles, tapping her foot impatiently. Tap tap tap tap. "Grace?" Taptaptaptaptaptaptap- "Grace, you have five seconds to get down here with that gun or I'm coming up there!" TAPTAPTAPTA- "One, two," TAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAPTAP-

     "Her name is Blaze, you asshole!" I shout, the hurricane bursting from my mouth. "Get it right for once, will you?"

Just as I see the light flicker out of Black's eyes, a red headed freak with an AR15 appears at the top of the stairs, her hair pulled up into a tight bun. Her scar is exposed, a rippling line curling around an entire half of her face.

"RUN!" She screams, holding the viewfinder up to her eye.

In that moment, the emotions inside me explode out, releasing my feet from the floor. I turn and begin to sprint away, my feet pounding on the ground, every stride radiating through my body. Adrenaline pulses through my veins, making my head pound. This can't be happening.

      Blaze did this for me. She saved me from a monster that she fed to become the way it is. She's simultaneously my savior and my greatest enemy. I don't know how to feel.

     That's okay. I don't have time to feel right now.

BANG

***

_____________________________

     Hey guys! I know this chapter was really short but I've been quite busy today. I hope you're confused! I promise everything will begin to straighten out soon💗 What did you think by the way? Drop predictions, thoughts and suggestions in the comments so I know if you liked it or not!

     Love you all,

                  -Shayna

P.S. - yes, I know the photo is of a pistol not an AR15 lol