Chapter 3 (Rewritten)

And that's how it happened. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin have been your friends ever since that day. 

Days turned to weeks, then months, and later two years passed. 

You didn't know what to think of them at first, but they seemed really kind to you. You didn't know it if was out of pity or they actually did care about you. 

Armin will always show you his books and blush whenever you showed him friendly affection such as hugging him. 

Mikasa barely talks to you, but she always treated you kindly. 

And Eren...you don't know what to think of him. He was loud, obnoxious, never really minded his business. Always looking for fights. You had to help Mikasa with keeping him in check sometimes. 

But other than that, you had your good times with him. Like when he helped you out when you were being cornered by the three bullies. Or offered to give you piggyback rides from time to time. 

But through the two years you grew accustomed to your new life, you couldn't help but shake the feeling that something felt off. 

Something was missing. 

It had something to do with your forgotten memories. It frustrated you that you couldn't remember basically anything before living with your adopted grandparents. 

Like, every time you tried. Your mind refused to even bring it up. 

To make matters worse, hanging out with your friends didn't help much with the feeling. Especially every time you were with Eren or went to his house. 

You remembered Eren's father quickly, you only saw him a few times. 

"Y/n?" Eren's father asked in disbelief. 

You also stared at him in disbelief. 

"Huh? You two know each other?"

"U-uh, yes of course. She was one of my patients."

Doctor Yeager tended your eye when your grandparents found you, so that is how you were able to know each other. When you met him for the first time again, you felt a strong sensation. 

A really strong sensation. Stronger than one you ever felt. 

Throughout your time living here, you always felt some sort of sensation around you. You only felt the sensation become a bit stronger when someone came close to you. 

But in that moment, the sensation was so strong your head began to pound, and you heard a ringing noise. 

You didn't know why but something compelled you towards him. 

Days after your meeting, you've been having strange dreams. Often waking up in a cold sweat. 

In your dreams, you were in a cold abyss. Unable to move. You only ever opened your eyes when you heard a loud rumbling noise. 

Then, you awoke. 

It felt strange. It felt surreal. 

"Y/n? Are you heading out again?" You heard your grandma ask. 

 You nodded. 

She smiled and helped you put on your other shoe.  

"It's nice that you have some friends now. You're out of the house way more than you use to be."

"Hm..." You hummed in agreement. 

"Remember, don't let your friends pull your eye patch off? Got it?"