Chapter Fourteen: You Hurt Your Own Feelings

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭ ╮
Margaret Henderson's House
Wednesday , 3:05 p.m
╰ ╯

────────────────────────────

I stomped my way into the kitchen. The pizza box was already wide open and laid out across the kitchen island. He lazily opened and closed cupboards looking for something. He didn't even bat an eyelash at me as I yelled at him.

"You DICK-" I started once again but he cut me off as he shoved a plate full of pizza at me. My mouth popped up in shock as he continually ignored me.

"He was clearly flirting with you." He said nonchalantly before shoving his own pizza slice into his mouth. I smacked his hand away from MY pizza causing his face to droop into a frown.

"What's it to you?" I muttered angrily with my hand on my hip.

"I don't like it." He calmly stated as he stared into my eyes while taking a bite out of the pizza.

I groaned in frustration and put the plate down. "You have GUTS Billy Hargrove!"

He suddenly slammed his plate down too and mirrored my hostile posture. "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"How so?"

"You MANIPULATED me into going to that party and I was drunk and we did something I NEVER would have done sober!"

Billy flinched at my words and his shoulders dropped. He quickly regained his composure and his eyes squinted angrily at me. "I. Did. Not."

"Did too!" I told him in a childish manner.

He took a large step towards me until our chests were almost touching. I had to look almost up at the ceiling to make eye contact with him. His nostrils flared as he tried to control his breathing.

"You are lying to yourself and me." He stated calmly.

"I don't lie. Friends don't lie." I responded trying to let him know that he was clearly friendzoned.

"Oh yeah?" He said as his hand came up to brush my cheek. "So you don't feel that?"

"I- uh no. Don't touch me." I said smacking his hand away even though I almost wanted it to stay there. He then ran his hand through my hair lightly tugging on it.

"Or that?"

"Nope." I said backing away from him quickly.

He walked forward and filled the space between us again before putting his hand on the side of my neck lightly holding me in place. He looked directly in my eyes as his face got closer to mine. I closed my eyes at the last second as I felt his lips connect with my jawline. He left a small trail from one end of my jawline to the other slowly sneaking his way up to my lips. I turned my face at the last second so he ended up pressing a light kiss to my cheek.

"Then why didn't you move if you hate me so much?"

"I-" I began as I started to argue with him just as the lock on the door began to shake.

"SHIT!" I whisper screamed. I grabbed his hand and pulled us up the stairs quickly just as the door slammed open. I shoved him into my room and headed back down the stairs trying to fan my cheeks to get rid of the flush.

"Hi dustybuns!" I said overexcited trying to compensate for the tension in the air.

"Hi?" He said awkwardly as he put his backpack down. The bag shook as if by itself.

"Did you take mews with you?" I questioned him as his facial expression grew panicked. He quickly picked it back up and ran up the stairs evading my question.

"No Margo goodnight don't even think too hard about it!" Dustin replied hastily before slamming his bedroom door shut. A weird sound came from behind the door but I ignored it thinking it was yet another one of his odd science projects.

Releasing the air from my mouth I didn't realize I was holding in I ran up the stairs and into my room, loudly shutting and locking the door behind me. I walked in to find Billy sitting on the edge of my bed. I crossed my arms and gave him another dirty look so he could feel my anger.

"I'm sorry Margo. I really am. But to be fair it was totally consensual and we were BOTH drunk okay I never would have put us in that situation in the first place if I would've known you would've regretted it so m-" He said rambling.

"Billy."

He sucked his lower lip in between his teeth nervously and made hesitant eye contact with me.

"I was just surprised okay? You don't even act like you like me half the time so I don't know what I was expecting in the first place."

"How could you say that?" He said whipping his heads towards me with attitude. "CLEARLY I like you!"

"Funny way of showing it!" I retorted as I shifted my weight uncomfortably.

His mouth popped open a little bit in disbelief.

"Are you fucking with me?"

"Clearly not!" I said throwing my hands up in the air.

"I drive you home." He pointed out. I opened my mouth to argue with him and he held up a hand to silence me. "I make sure you are in the house with the door shut before I even leave your driveway and I've let you hog my bed and wear my clothes!"

"Yeah and then you act like you don't wanna be caught dead with me in public. Not to mention you've been flirting with other girls at parties!"

"I wanted to take you with me and show you off as mine but you hurt my feelings!" He said defending himself.

"No YOU hurt your own feelings when you decided I was your girlfriend!" I shouted at him.

He leaned back a little bit with a deep look of concentration on his face.

"Okay." He said still thinking. I rolled my eyes at him wishing for the conversation to be over.

"Margaret Henderson do you want to go out with me?"