9th Sword | Mountain Brawl

Natagumo Mountain Outskirts

An emergency summon had been decreed to all Demon Slayers near the area of Natagumo Mountain.

And currently, a blackish-blue blur sped past countless trees as (Y/N) ran towards his next destination.

Even if he was going at his fastest, it still took a few minutes for (Y/N) to arrive in front of Natagumo Mountain, where he saw Zenitsu seemingly sitting down in front of the entrance.

"Yo." (Y/N) greeted.

"KYAAAAAA! DON'T DO THAT!" Zenitsu almost had a heart attack as he jumped up in fright, before trying to calm himself when he saw it was only (Y/N).

"But it was funny to see. Nice jump." (Y/N) snickered, before he turned to look at the mountain in front of him.

"So this is Natagumo Mountain? Guess this is where I need to be then. Let's go, Zenitsu." (Y/N) walked past the boy, giving him a pat on the shoulder and starting to walk inside.

Seeing that Zenitsu wasn't moving, (Y/N) turned his head and saw he was shaking slightly.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" (Y/N) asked, seeing Zenitsu hesitating to go inside.

"T-this sound...it's terrifying...there's a really strong demon in there..." Zenitsu stuttered, making (Y/N) glance at the mountain. Since it was a giant place, he couldn't sense any significant auras.

However...this made (Y/N)'s eyes narrow.

On the last mission he'd had with Zenitsu, he'd been the same way when they encountered the Former Lower Moon Six...was there another Kizuki within the mountain?

"That WOULD explain the emergency summon...but if there is, they're just sending these rookies to their deaths...the hell are the Pillars doing? Isn't it THEIR job to take down the Kizuki? Argh...guess it's my job." (Y/N) mentally groaned, before turning back to Zenitsu.

"Leave the stronger demons to me. By the way, where are Tanjiro, Inosuke and Nezuko?" (Y/N) asked, and suddenly, it seemed like Zenitsu had been thunderstruck. Ha. Get it, cuz he uses Thunder Breathing? I'll show myself out now...

"HE TOOK NEZUKO-CHAN!!!" And like that, Zenitsu sprinted off and disappeared into the forest.

"...The hell did I miss? Guess Nezuko showed herself to them." (Y/N) shrugged, before leisurely walking into the forest.

Step by step, (Y/N) became more and more aware of the demons that prowled around this mountain.

There weren't that many of them...but they were certainly stronger.

"Oh...it's Tanjiro and Inosuke, don't know the other guy...may as well say hello." (Y/N) shrugged, before crouch-walking next to them.

"Hiya." (Y/N) greeted.

Inosuke had jumped far away from him, Tanjiro smiled at his brother, and Murata had his ghost coming out of his mouth.

"Nii-chan! You're back! How was the last mission?" Tanjiro asked, seeing (Y/N) be completely fine.

"Er...it went well. Took care of the demons there and had some weird experiences." (Y/N) scratched his cheek as he looked away, sweatdropping.

Let's just say...some things are better left unsaid. He'd learned that the hard way.

"What's up with this place? There's an annoying amount of spiders in this place, it's giving me chills..." (Y/N) asked as he slashed through a spider that tried to get close to him.