Chapter 4: Your Highness.

Avery's gym outfit above.

Avery Cullen

Is it okay to say that I don't like weekends?

Unlike most teenagers, I don't have social life. There's nothing for me to do beside watching movies and tv shows in my room.

I like to go shopping but that is not something that a person does every single weekend.

Maybe I should go to the gym.

As I'm changing into my work out clothes, I hear a knock on my door. It's locked so I walk over to it and open.

I roll my eyes as I see who the person is.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Hello to you too, Avery." Xavier smiles with his green eyes staring back at mine.

I ignore his sarcastic remark and head back into my closet. "Aren't you going to give me a hug?" I hear him call.

I finish getting dress and find him sitting a couch with his legs crossed. "Are you seriously not going to hug me? I came all the way to see you." He says with disbelief in his tone.

"Well, you come here a lot! It's not as exciting anymore." I say and push my hair in a bun.

"So you're not happy to see me?" He asks, slightly looking hurt.

He has no idea how happy I am. I'm obviously not going to show him though.

"Of course I am, you're just so annoying. Don't you have like crowned prince duties to do or something?"

Xavier didn't want to be king at fifteen so he begged my uncle, my dad's fraternal twin brother who hated politics to take the crown before we turn eighteen.

My uncle objected at first but then later, he agreed and if I have to be honest, he's just sitting on the throne, doing nothing.

My father's group of advisor's are the people keeping the country in check. Thank God!

"I have school but I'm the future king. I can do whatever I want." Xavier brags.

"Whatever, Xavier. I'm heading to the gym now. See you later." I take my iPhone, AirPods and water bottle.

"Alright, I'll go talk to Adrian before you come back." He stands up from the couch.

Beside Hayden and Harry, Xavier is also one of Adrian's best friends. I get so jealous of their relationship because Adrian and I were also really close before my parents death.

On my way to the gym, I see Adrian speaking with the assistant royal secretary, Louis James.

"Your highness." Louis curtsies.

"Louis." I reply with polite nod.

My eyes meet Adrian's. His beautiful lips are in a thin line. I can see a few strands of his hair across his face. I clench my jaw to prevent myself from reaching to touch him.

He looks away from me then looks at Louis. "Let's talk somewhere more private." He says and walks straight ahead.

"Jerk." I say loud enough for him to hear.

Louis snickers and quickly follows him.

I enter the gym and thank God there is no one here. I go on the treadmill and plug my AirPods.

I play Scars To Your Beautiful by Alessia Cara and start the machine.

I run for like forty minutes then start doing squats.