Chapter Sixty-Five

Hell broke loose in Shinganshina. Titans emerged from those who have taken the wine that had Zeke's Spinal Fluid, soldiers turned into monsters. The very monsters they fought against four years ago. If one stood from the very top, the sight of it would bring back the horrific memories that happened nine years ago at year 845, when the Colossal Titan breached the Walls and brought humanity to the brink of extinction – or so they thought.

Leon cursed repeatedly in his mind when he saw the Titans, the sight of them just fueled his anger and goal in taking down Zeke – no, he wanted to kill him. He looked down at Iris' Titan and saw the injury that was caused by the bullet, he was sure that it had broken through her flesh and hit her body inside. He can't take her out or he could stall her regenerating process, all he could do now was to protect her from any coming Titan. While he fought every Titan that came, slicing it by its nape, guilt surged through his body as he knew that these Titans were their superiors – their comrades. Good soldiers who had no clue about what they were doing, all just following Zeke's orders, but he needed to protect Iris.

~*~

Far from the Titan Forest, and hidden from the Jaegerist who were still in pursuit, Hange pulled herself and Levi from the river. She carried her wounded comrade into the forest and hid behind the huge trunks of the trees, she placed Levi down carefully and started to open his shirt to see the damage that the Thunderspear has caused him. It was just as she expected, he was bruised badly, and probably had internal bleeding.

"This isn't good..." Hange muttered.

You can't die... not yet, Levi...

Unknowing to Hange, Levi have gone into a comatose state, his mind far from where they were. Levi found himself standing on the sands of the beach, and before him was the peaceful sight of the ocean, but he could only see through one eye, which confused him.

A boy came running towards him, when he came to a stop, Levi knelt down to be the same height as him. He didn't know the boy, but he felt that he does. The boy had dark hair – black – and bright blue eyes, his features looks so much like his mother. The boy grabbed Levi's hand and started to pull him, and with his free one was pointing at someone. Following the boy's direction, Levi saw three figures far in the beach. A woman with her arms wide open to catch her running daughter, and a man who stood beside her, laughing when the girl jumped into her mother's arms.

Levi didn't have any memories of the scene before him, yet he felt at peace... and wanted to stay there for just a little while more...

~*~

Hange heard a wagon moving in the forest. She immediately grabbed Levi and brought him to cover, she had them both behind the huge tree, out of sight of the possible enemy. She reached to her belt to get a weapon, but when she felt nothing, she cursed.

Floch took my gun earlier! Hange thought.

"Who goes there?" A raspy voice called out, and it was followed by the sound of a musket being cocked.

Hange got out of her hiding place with her arms up, but to her surprise it wasn't the Jaegerist that had found them, but rather an old friend.

"Joseph Kirsch?" Hange gasped. Her eyes then went to the caravan wagon. A woman with red hair peered out from the back to see the commotion. "Sarah! What are you all doing here?"

"We should be asking you the same thing." Joseph said. "Things have been chaotic in Regalado – people supporting those damn Jaegerists have been roaming the streets – some even started banging in our door demanding Iris' location, so we fled our home and kept on moving..."