three

KADE

*****
***
**

There was no fucking way that this was Emara Giovanni. The last time I saw her, she was just a small teenage girl with braces; she could barely fit in that torn-up black hoodie she was obsessed with because it was so big, either, and she incredibly shy. But whoever was standing in front of me was no girl... this was a woman.

A very curvaceous, sexy woman that was wearing nothing but a pair of tight shorts that hugged her hips and thighs like a second skin, and that small Hello Kitty shirt I remember her using for a pyjama shirt all the time when she was in high school.

Holy fuck. Just looking at her made my cock twitch in my pants.

"Who are you?" She asked me again, one of her eyebrows risen while I was still giving myself a moment to look over her face.

I remembered how adorable I found the faint freckles scattered across her face-

"What?" I stupidly said, blinking twice while finally meeting her cautious hazel eyes. "You don't recognize me?"

"Should I?" Emara asked me, pursing her plump lips.

"Uh, yeah, considering you're dating my asshole of a brother."

Emara's eyes widened in realization and I couldn't stop the smirk from growing when she scanned me from head to toe again, this time slowly. When she met my eyes again, her face went from its light-tanned colour to a shade of dark red.

"Oh, uhh... Kade," she said, her face still glowing with embarrassment. "I-I thought you were supposed to be meeting everyone at your parents' house."

There's the stuttering. It was so fucking crazy how much she had changed. The last time I saw her was when I had almost-

Nope. I didn't want to discuss that. Emara was happily with my douchebag brother and if she was happy then there wasn't much purpose for me.

Yeah, maybe there was that small part of me that had always had feelings for her but she was the only person who really understood me and vice-versa. Whenever she was having problems she didn't go to Tristan, who was cooped up in the garage with the business he was so desperate to get going. No, she usually found me on the rooftop, having a smoke, and she would vent to me while I listened to her problems.

Emara trusted me back then so what the fuck did she see in my brother?

"I was hoping to talk to Tristan before I left," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Where's he at?"

"You're going to have to call him," Emara told me, looking away while letting me in. "He isn't here and won't be for at least another four days."

I felt my eyebrows push together. "Don't tell me he's at a meeting."

"He's at a meeting," Emara said, the smallest of frowns on her lips. She quickly removed it so I wouldn't see but I did, anyway. "He's been gone for the last three days."

I watched as she went back to the living room, my eyes involuntarily falling to her ass as she walked away. Nope, nope, nope. Red flags. I followed her inside, closing the door with my foot before walking over to her, taking a seat next to her.

"Wasn't he gone when I had called your place a while back?" I asked, looking over her face before moving my stare back to her brown eyes.

"Yeah," she mumbled, her voice coming out distantly. She shook her head, clearing her throat. "I'm used to it, though."