F I V E

"Cassie! We have tried this over and over, it didn't work

"Cassie! We have tried this over and over, it didn't work."
We have been at this all morning, and nothing is working so far. "Yeah I see that! You don't have to yell at me,"
I'm getting fairly irritated, I need some air. I sighed and walked out of the room without Shawn.
All I'm trying to do is help, not sure if I'm running out of time. But I defiantly can't work under pressure in this situation. It's literally life or death situation.
"Cassie.. I'm sorry."
I shook my head slightly, "don't worry about it Shawn. I want to get you back in your body as much as you do."
He nodded and sat next to me, "when you're ready want to try again?"
I nodded, "yeah. Just give me a minute."
I leaned my head against the hospital wall and closed my eyes. Overwhelmed? Yes I am, but I need to try again.
"Alright lets go."
I said walking into back into the hospital.
Shawn has slightly shown more color in his face. Which is a good sign, hopefully he does wake up soon.
We got back to his room and I had one more idea.
"Alright, sit." I ordered. "Woof," he joked. "Ha-ha very funny Mendes. Now I need you to close your eyes. And just listen to my voice, relax.
I want you to visualize your body. Once you see it I want you to see yourself going into your body."
I noticed he started to fade away, maybe this was working!
I heard his heart monitor go from scary slow heart beats so much stronger and regular heart beats.
I got up from my chair and quietly walk over to his body once Shawn's ghost body was gone.
"Shawn come on, wake up. Your parents need you. Your sister needs you, and now... now I need you. Come on you can do it."
I noticed his eyes move from under his eyelids. I grabbed his slightly warmer hand with mine. I felt him lightly squeeze back.
"Holy shit it worked." I muttered to myself.
He groaned, "oh my gosh. Nurse! Nurse! I think he's waking up!"
I ran out of his room to grab a nurse, she checked him out as he slowly came out of his coma. She took the feeding tube out, so he could talk and drink on his own.
"You're a very lucky girl, most people don't wake up from those medical induced comas. I have to go call his parents, press this button if anything else happens."
I nodded and walked over to Shawn. "Shawn, open your eyes."
Slowly he peeled his eyes open, as they adjusted tears fell from my eyes.
I brushed them away, "don't cry Cassie." His weak and raspy voice said to me.
"Oh! I'm so happy you're actually awake."
I gave him a hug, well as best as I could.
"I'm happy I'm awake too, I promise I won't ever try that again. Specially now that you are in my life. Thank you so much."
I nodded, I handed him a water cup because it sounded like the smoked since he was born.
"Of course. And I really hope you don't, I was really scared that nothing would work. And plus, you have a lot of people that admire you Shawn. And some even like you, and you don't even know it because they are too shy to tell you how they feel."
He set his drink down, "I think you just did."
My cheeks blushed a mad red color, "oh please ghost boy, get real."
He smiled, like he really smiled and it was beautiful. "Oh I am definitely really now, Cassandra."
I looked over at him shocked, "how do you know my full name Shawn?"
He shrugged, "I know things."
"Oh Shawn!"
I moved out of the way so his family could greet him. "I'm so sorry Shawn! We didn't mean to put you through this." This was the first time I've even seen his dad. Weird.
"I would say it's okay, but it's not. You guys need to figure out what's going on and not argue with us in the house."
His mom nodded, "You're right, and it won't happen anymore."
Shawn nodded, "who's this Shawn?" His dad asked as he pointed to me.
Shawn's beautiful eyes met mine, "my friend. For now," he winked at me.
I smiled at him and blushed.

Shawn was put through some tests before he got to leave. He also had to go talk to a therapist three times a week.
"Are you excited to go home?" I asked.
"I'm excited to get out of this bed. Feels like I can no longer fee my ass bone. I laughed, "yeah sounds like a you problem ghost boy."
He chuckled, "yeah you're right."
I helped Shawn out of bed as his parents were signing release forms. His sister wasn't informed that he got released. Shawn's parents wanted it to be a surprise. He was weak from just laying in bed, but he managed to walk slowly to his car. But before he got in he said he wanted to ride with me.
Of course I didn't turn him down, so I walked him over to my car and I helped him get in.
"Thank you once again Cassie."
I nodded, "no problem."
I got in on my side, "where to?"
I question the boy. "Your house."
I nodded, "and let's get you a shower too."
He laughed at my remark and nodded, "yeah let's."
The drive back to the house was filled with laughs and talking.
It was like nothing ever happened to him. It was like Shawn never tried to kill himself, he was acting normal.
"Are you really okay Shawn? Because I know you said just because you look fine doesn't mean you really are."
He looked over at me as I pulled into my driveway.
"I am actually, I made a new friend who hopefully comes to her senses about her feelings towards a certain someone. And my parents hopefully work it out. If not, well then that's something to worry about when it happens."
I nodded, "Okay. Let's go then."