𝐗𝐗𝐕. FOR NOW

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVEFOR NOW

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
FOR NOW

§ § §

"He asked us to bring his body back," I spit out through my sobs. "I couldn't leave him- not there."

Harry gripped my hand as we clung onto Cedric, each of us crying. Dumbledore tried to pry us off the boy but we ripped ourselves from his grip, staying with Cedric.

"-a boy's been killed." Fudge was saying to the other adults surrounding the area. My heart broke more as Amos Diggory pushes his way through the crowd and stopped in front of us.

"That's my boy..." He said quietly, before falling to his knees at Cedric's body. "That's my boy!" He yelled, letting out his own sob. Harry and I reluctantly backed away so Amos could be alone with his son.

Dumbledore turned to Harry and I. "You two stay right here, don't move. I need to speak with Mr. Diggory right now."

I clung to Harry like my life depended on it. And, in a way, it did. I knew I wouldn't be able to go through anything that I have without him. So, as raked through me, I held onto him like my life depended on it.

A pair of strong arms held Harry and I, and we looked through our tears to see Moody holding us. "Come on, you two, I've got you. Don't want to be anywhere near the crowds right now."

I couldn't listen to the voice in my head reminding me of my suspicions of him. Not when my mind was in a million other places right now. I just nodded a little as Moody took Harry and I to his office.

"What happened? Harry?" Moody asked as we walked. Well, more like he dragged Harry and I. I was glad he didn't ask me, I was in no state to relive it and he could tell.

"Cup was a portkey..." He mumbled. "Took me and Giovanna and Cedric, and- and Voldemort was there..."

"Dumbledore said stay..." I trailed off, my words slurred. Harry frowned, these thoughts registering to him as well.

"Yes, well you two needed to be away from all those crowds." Moody waved his hand and opened his office door. "Anyways, Harry, the Dark Lord was back? What happened then?"

"Cedric..." I trailed off, my voice barely a whisper. "He died..."

"They made him a body..." Harry answered, dazed.

"The Dark Lord got his body back? He's returned?"

"And then the Death Eaters came... and he forced me and Giovanna to duel with him..."

"You dueled with the Dark Lord?"

"Our spells combined... wands did a funny thing... saw our parents..."

I nodded, still silent.

Harry and I walked into the office and sat down next to each other, deep in our own thoughts. My sobs had turned to a simple sniffle every now and then.