▪️6 - Teddy Bear▪️

So, I got some ideas for this chapter from Miraculous712. (Hey there, ma fwend! >wO) Welp, enjoy! ^w^ 💞

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Petir's POV]

"9...and 10! Ready or not, here I come!~" I exclaimed as I moved away from the tree I used to hide my face to count and turned around.

What exactly is going on here is that, me and my little brother were playing a game called, "hide and seek", suggested by my one and only little brother, Daun.

I mean, I can't say no, right?

I love playing with him anyway...

So, right now, I'm the seeker, while my little brother is the hider. Well, I guess, I have to go find and search for him.

Anyways, we're playing here in the backyard of our house since, it's perfectly wide just for the two of us and honestly, there are just, a lot of plants around our backyard. Our backyard also has a huge tree on the middle, perfect for relaxing and leaning on it peacefully.

Well, my little brother was the one who planted all the plants and flowers and luckily, I also get to see his gifted nature elemental powers.

Actually, when I pointed out a sunflower and asked what kind of flower I was pointing at, I was surprised he answered, "A sunflower". I mean, he was still three years old at that time and he'd already knew what a sunflower is.

So, currently, I'm at the age of twelve, while my little brother's six years old. I forgot to tell that our age gap was actually six years apart. My little brother's in preschool while I'll be graduating elementary school for a few months then finally, it's our summer vacation.

Finally, I could spend more time with Daun and my family without any school activities needed to be done.

Okay, where was I now?

Oh yeah, I was supposed to find Daun.

How forgetful of me...

Currently, I was looking behind the potted plants and there was no sign of my little brother there. So, I went to the next hiding spot that I might find my little brother there: Behind the bushes.

I walked towards the bushes and separated it, taking a peek on the other side.

'Not here either...' I thought as I removed my hands from the bushes.

"Where could he be...?" I mumbled quietly to myself as I scratched my head in confusion.

Not for long, I heard faint giggles coming from my top.

I smirked.

Well, well, well~ I guess I know where my little brother is hiding...

I grinned, pretending that I didn't know where he was hiding for a while...

Until...

BZZT!

I used my power to teleport beside my little brother who was sitting on the branch of the tree and gently grabbed him, teleporting him back to the ground with me.

"Gotcha!" I exclaimed as I gently embraced my little brother playfully.

Daun's laughs made me chuckled and grinned as an idea appeared on my mind.

I raised my hands and I started tickling my little brother at the side of his body.

"You're hiding on a branch, huh?~" I playfully asked as I was still tickling my little brother, who was now on the ground while rolling back and forth.

"S-Stop!" My little brother stammered in between his laughs.

"Nope!" I replied as I continously tickled him on the sides.

"P-Please! S-Stop!" Daun begged as he was still laughing gleefully, rolling back and forth and protecting himself using both of his arms.

I chuckled as I stopped tickling my little brother, dropping both of my hands to my side.

"Hey, wanna go outside?" I softly asked, earning a wide smile and a nod from my little brother.

"Alright, let me ask Mom first before we could go outside."

"Okay!"

<~><~><~>

Peaceful, is what I can describe for today.

Me and my little brother were silently walking around the streets with my hand held on to his soft, little hand.

Daun was quietly humming a tune, with his head swaying left to right while humming.

I inhaled the cool, fresh air and deeply exhaled, feeling the relaxing, serene atmosphere.

Then, I felt my hand got pulled lightly so I stopped and glanced at my little brother, only to notice he was looking at something through the glass of a store.

I looked at to where he was staring and saw a medium-sized, fluffy, brown teddy bear placed on the center before the glass.

My little brother then completely let go of my hand and went towards it, both of his hands pressed on the glass with his chocolate, brown, sparkling eyes fixed on the teddy bear.

I walked to his side with my hands shoved inside the pocket of my jacket and glanced both at my little brother then at the teddy bear.

I smiled. "You want that?" I asked.

My little brother pouted as he slowly nodded in response.

"But, Daun thinks he doesn't have any money to buy the teddy bear..." He stated, his eyes still staring at the teddy bear. My smile widened a bit as I heard his response.

In a flash, I went inside the store and bought the teddy bear and came back to my little brother while holding his stuffed, teddy bear that he liked.

My little brother stared at me then at the teddy bear in awe. His lips quivered with tears started forming from his sad eyes.

"Really...?" He asked, his eyes sparkling with tears. "Daun...can have it...?"

I smiled warmly as I gave the teddy bear to him. "Yeah." I genuinely replied. "You can have it."

"But--" I cutted him off.

"No, Daun. Really. You can have it." I stated. "I don't care about the money I saved these past years because, I only cared about you."

"Honestly, I was saving money for you to buy the things you liked or wanted." I softly explained, smiling afterwards.

All of the sudden, my little brother sobbed as he ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

"Daun doesn't know how to genuinely thank his big brother..." He muttered, few tears had already escaped from his gloomy eyes.

I smiled sadly at him and gently carried him up from the ground. I gently patted his back, calming him down.

"Hey, it's alright..." I softly soothed. "I'd already knew how you truly wanted to thank me..." I said, heartily.

In a few minutes, my little brother relaxed a bit and was fast asleep on my shoulder while holding onto his teddy bear.

I sighed happily as we both went home, carrying my little brother who was resting peacefully on my shoulder, while I was holding his teddy bear on my other hand so it wouldn't fell down while he was asleep.