The Kidnapping Continued

The twins refused to put Lyra down until they were out in the cool morning air. It wasn't really by choice, but more of the fact she was getting so upset it was increasingly hard to carry her.

Fred took a noticeable step back from her, but George fought the urge, staying in close proximity. Both as a source of comfort, and in case she ran for it.  

 Lyra leaned over her hair falling all around her creating a curtain. She focused on trying to calm down. Trying to slow her breathing and her heart. Pulling back in the waves of emotion radiating off of her. George placed a gentle hand on her back, and she could feel his sense of genuine worry. Had they gone too far?

She straightened and tried not to look angry. "I know you two are trying to help, but you don't understand. I-"

"Oh, we understand perfectly," Fred said coldly "Despite your best efforts to keep us out of the loop Lyra Stone, we are quite good at digging up the truth when need be."

Lyra's eyebrows furrowed "Out of the loop? I'm not sure I follow."

"We know you're trying to graduate early Lyra," George said meeting her gaze, "But even so you've been pushing yourself too hard."

"So consider this an intervention," Fred said, his previously cold stature melting away. 

Despite her best efforts, Lyra's heart swelled and a pressure that she was not even aware of, was lifted. "An intervention?" she asked softly.

"Well," Fred said with a smirk "If I'm being completely honest it's also because George is impossible to deal with when you're ignoring him."

Lyra turned beat red and George glared at Fred.

 "You Git." He grumbled and then turned back to her. "The intervention part is true, you need a break Lyra. Everyone is really worried." 

That overwhelming sensation of warmth filled Lyra's heart again. So much so that she lept forward wrapping both the twins in a hug, something that was very unlike her. They both turned red and Fred started making gagging noises. But when she pulled away she could see his reddened cheeks and a wide grin.

George coughed awkwardly. "Shall we?"