chapter thrity eight

Heeeey guiesss!! Thankyoy sooo much for all the votes and comments, I love you all, anywhore, here's a new chapter. I reallly really like this one, has to definitely be one of my fav so far. But tell me what  you think.

"Ric, swap seats with me...Please!" I begged, leaning forward between the two front seats that Elena and Ric occupied. If i knew before that Damon was going to seat himself comfortably in the back with me, i would have definitely moved to the front before Elena or just locked him out. Maybe I could push him out now, he's a vampire so i'm sure it wont kill him. I glanced over my shoulder at Damon, who was leant back, arms crossed loosely over his chest and his ever-present smirk tugging at his lips as he watched me. My eyes flickered to the door, and the thought of just shoving him out was starting to seem extra appealing. 

"Don't even think about it." He said leaning forward, elbows resting on his knees and his face a mere few inches from my own. 

"I wasn't thinking about thing." I denied quickly, moving to lean up against the door, as far away from Damon as I could get.

He nodded mockingly. "Of course."

"C'mon, Ric, i'm begging ya here!" 

Ric glanced back at me through the mirror and smiled. "I'm driving, Lillie."

I just looked at him. "...and?"

"Lillie, just be quiet and deal with it." Elena snapped.

I turned to her and glared. "You try sitting next to your brother's murderer in a very small space...For hours!"

"Your brother's alive." Damon commented from beside me.

"He was still dead!" I hissed.

"You know, this pretending to hate me is getting old." Damon said, moving to face me. 

Ric cleared his throat. "I don't think she's pretending, Damon. You did kill her brother."

Damon made a noise in the back of his throat. "There's a very large asterisk in that sentence: he came back to life."

"Yeah, thanks to a ring you didn't know he was wearing." Elena stated coldly and she continued to stare aimlessly out the front windshield.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked, leaning forward to look at Elena. 

Elena turned her head to face him, her eyes narrowed. "Did you?"

"...Yes." Damon replied, not so smoothly. He hesitated before he answered. He didn't really see the ring, he killed Jeremy not knowing he would come back to life. What if he hadn't? What is Jeremy stayed dead?

"You're lying." I spat. He cocked his head to look over his shoulder at him, eyes slightly widened before he grinned.

"How could I have missed it, Lillie? It's this huge and tacky."

I shook my head. "Please just stop talking to me." I whispered. I moved to look  out my side window, watching cars and building zoom past.

I was hoping that the rest of the journey would continue in silence but obviously things are just not going my way today, because my phone let out a shrill ring. I sighed and fished it out of bag. 

unknown caller ID.

I pressed the green button and moved the phone to my ear. "Whoever you are, I'm busy and don't want to buy a thing. Don't call me back." With that said I hung up not allowing the other person time to utter a word. 

"Who was it?" Elena asked. 

I just looked at her. "Didn't you hear the 'whoever you are' part? Because I though that was a clear indication that I didn't know them."