s e v e n t e e n

7 MAY 2034

7 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  3

"why did you come tonight?" yoongi spoke, and the tone in is voice felt like a dagger to jimin's heart.

"to get the candles of course." jimin replied and yoongi did not miss the slight hesitation after he finished the sentence and so he inquired.

"is that it?" yoongi spoke and jimin, hypnotized, glanced at the older. "is that really it?"

jimin took out his voice with shaky hands and held it out to yoongi.

"i got this message, at jeongguk's house."

yoongi brought the phone closer as he read the words and his heart collided with the pits of his stomach. yet he couldn't stop the feeling of envy creeping in ever so slightly.

'go with him or the primrose petals must wither against the moonless night.' it read.

"oh, is taehyung okay then?" yoongi spoke softly, handing the phone back over to jimin. jimin nodded as he sipped on his drink. a pause. "how are you two doing?"

jimin avoided all sorts of contact as he shrugged and when he sent a fleeting glance at yoongi he noticed that the latter was waiting for a worded explanation. jimin placed his teacup on the tabletop as he replied, stuttering as he did so.

"yeah, I mean—we do have our ups and downs but—"

"are you happier?"

the words echoed around the room and the ticking of the clock stopped as jimin froze. he turned to look at yoongi and jimin was astonished to see so many emotions crammed into yoongi's irises.

the question hung around the room like a loaded gun towards jimin's temple and jimin felt himself cave in.

"no, i'm not. i wish i fucking was. i wanted to start afresh, i wanted to experience the feeling of love again, but i couldn't. i simply couldn't. i curse myself everyday for hurting taehyung, for not loving him the way i want to. when i wanted to talk about it to him, i was far too gone.

i don't want to hurt him. i'm using him everyday as a rebound. as a form of happiness. and i regret it, i regret it so fucking much. but how can i love him, when my heart belongs to another?--"

and he was stopped short, not because he was crying, but because yoongi's lips were on his.