Chapter 16 (edited)

3 days later

Dad is coming back today. And it's not that I'm not happy about his return it's just that I am kinda scared of how he would react toward Adrien. After seeing Kyle and Tyler's reaction I can pretty much imagine how he would react. I can only hope he didn't decide to kill him before even giving him a chance to say anything.

Speaking of Adrien, he has been attached to my back these past days. Not that I'm complaining I loved every moment I spend with him. He even refused to go to his home to get his clothes. After several attempts, I managed to send him to a nearby mall with Jay to buy him some clothes and other essentials. He also told me that we are meeting his family this weekend which is four days from today. I'm nervous what if his mother didn't approve of me. Or what if she didn't like me or like us together. When I told him about my worries he just laughed at me. And said what's not to like. It was sweet but it didn't help with my nerves. And I almost got a heart attack (if that's possible) when dad told me about his return.

My thoughts came to a halt when a pack member mind linked me saying, " Alpha there is a wolf from blood moon pack requesting to meet you. And your brother is personally escorting him. We didn't have any prior information about his arrival so I thought I should inform you. "

" You did the right thing, James. " I told him and looked around my surrounding.

I forgot that I was in my office. It's almost 11 in the morning and I'm alone at the moment, as Adrien is playing with some kids. Kids love him and he is great with them. Well, the whole pack accepted him and I'm grateful for them too we so understanding and open-minded. I asked them to be careful about what they say in front of him and also asked them not to shift anywhere near him.

Knocking at the door brought me back to reality again. God, I'm doing that a lot lately. It also remained me of the current situation. Why would someone from the blood moon pack want to meet me? I'm sure their alpha has no idea of this meet. And why would Kyle go to escort him? They walked in and I look at them with a frown. Why is Kyle standing there in a protective stance? Why is the holding is...

"Why? Why didn't you tell me anything? Me of all people. I've always supported you. " I yelled at him. He flinched and start looking down.

" I... I wanted to tell you about......about us. But... But... " He shuttered.

" Out. Get out of my office right now. " I growled at him.

The other guy pushed Kyle behind him and put on a protective stance and started leaving together. Aww, they are so cute. But now is not the time for this. Flicker is excited about it as she finally got a chance to take her revenge. While I was still new about this whole shifting things, Kyle and Flicker would always start their "conversations" which usually cost me several minutes of control over my body. And at the end of these "conversations", Kyle was always right. I love my brother but he has been ass with Adrien so this is my time for little revenge.

" You stay here. I want to talk to you. " I said calmly to the other guy.

Kyle opens his mouth to protest but when I gave him a pointed look, he left the office without saying anything. I turned toward the guy standing in my office and tell him to take a seat.

" Sorry for that. I just wanted to mess with my stupid brother. How long have you been together? When did you meet? And by the way, I'm Edena. " I asked him giving him my sweet smile.

He chucked and said, " I already like you. I'm Stephen and I'm the younger brother of the beta of blood moon pack. I'll answer all your questions. You just need to slow down it's a long story. "

I took and deep breath and nodded toward him to continue to which easily comply.

" 2 years ago, I saw your brother at the mall. He was with his friends and I was there all by myself. When we saw each other we knew that we are meant to be together. But I panicked. I was scared that he might reject me or he might be disgusted with me. So I did what anyone in my situation would do. I ran. I know that it's very cliche but that's the only thing that came to my mind at that moment. So I ran and hid in the men's room. I was standing there starring at my reflection in the mirror cursing myself for my stupidity. When your brother came in with this almighty aura around him. I then noticed that he has alpha blood in him that made me think that he came here to reject me. But what he did next surprised me. He hugged me like he has no intention of ever letting me go. I was feeling great but then I noticed something wet on my shoulder. It took me a moment to realize that he took my running as a sign of rejection. I told him about my thoughts and fears. And he just laughed and told me that he would never leave me. " He told me with a blush on his face.

" How did you guys managed to stay away from each other for this long? Why didn't you tell anyone? " I asked him genuinely curious as I can't even stay away from my mate for a month.

"We meet every other day. And there is skype too, you know all the things people do in a long-distance relationship. And he was ready to tell everyone about us that day but I stopped him. My pack has a very orthodox mindset they would never accept me and my relationship. And I was kinda scared of everyone's reaction."

" Why now? Don't get me wrong I'm glad you came here but I just want to understand what happened? " I asked him.

" I understand. And you are right something did happen. My alpha is getting suspicious of me. He just needs one slip up and he would kill me and my mate. And I know for sure that my brother wouldn't try to stop him, hell he would help him. And I can't stay away from him anymore, I have already wasted a lot of time on people who would never accept me. But you should also know that if you let me in your pack it would bring war. My alpha wouldn't stop until he has my head. " He finished with tears in his eyes.

I knew what he needed most at this time so I called Kyle in. It took him one second to notice his mate and he went there to comfort him.

"Stephen you are welcome in our pack and you don't have to worry about anything. Anyone who wants to get you to have to go through me. You can join our pack today or if you wanted to go back to your pack to get your stuff or anything then you can join us tomorrow." I told him softly.

" Tomorrow would be fine. "He said still holding his tears back. Kyle looks at him with concern but didn't say anything.

" And Kyle since you like hiding things from me, I think you should hide in your room for the whole day. You're grounded. " I told Kyle with a smug look on my face.

That earned a laugh from Stephan. Kyle turned to him and glared at him which only make him laugh harder.

To prove how serious I'm about his punishment I called Tyler to take him to his room and Jay to escort Stephan to pack border. To say they were shocked was an understatement. But Tyler was happy that he finally got this golden opportunity. They asked me what Kyle did wrong but I told them it's his secret to tell. And Kyle was so embarrassed that he found the floor more interesting.

If Kyle thinks he had it bad with me, then he has no idea what is in his way when dad returns. Kyle would have to handle a lot of angry people. I know they won't be angry at him for the reason he thinks but they would be angry because he didn't tell them. I love him and I would protect him but this time I would give him some alone time with them. Dad is going to have his hand full with Kyle so I hope he won't be giving me and Adrien a hard time. I know that makes me look bad but I'm ready to have a little relief no matter how I get it.

And I will help Kyle eventually.