𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃

OLD FRIENDS

SHIFTING SLIGHTLY Deborah began to wake up, as her eyes slowly opened and adjusted to the darkness of the cabin

SHIFTING SLIGHTLY Deborah began to wake up, as her eyes slowly opened and adjusted to the darkness of the cabin. When she moved to sit up, she noticed that Tommy was sleeping peaceful, curled up against her. After eating yesterday, she had crawled back into bed alone. Tommy must have simply shifted her body so he could lay behind her, forgetting the tension still between them.

Deborah rolled over carefully and stared up at the man she loved, despite his habit of keeping things from her. She softly traced the cuts that covered his peaceful face, slowly trailing her finger across his lips. Although he could drive her insane, Deborah was reminded of the reasons she loved him, as his lips curled into a smile.

"What are you doing?" Tommy whispered, kissing the pad of her thumb.

"Reminding myself why I put up with your shit." Deborah admitted, resting her hand on his cheek.

"And the reason is?" Tommy questioned, gazing down at her.

"Your money." She teased, while trying to keep a straight face.

Tommy scoffed and pulled his face away from her soft touch. "Fuck off." He chuckled.

"I'm joking." She giggled, grabbing his chin to make him look at her again. She leaned up and placed a soft kiss against his cut lips. "It's because I love you."

"I love you too." He smirked, kissing her once more. "Although, there's times I ask myself why."

Once they had stopped their teasing and shared a long, lingering kiss, the two left the cabin and joined Curly on deck. He informed them they had arrived at Camden Town and while Tommy spoke to the older man about their trip home, Deborah made her way off the boat and examined the area. Suddenly, the brunette new exactly where she was and she was ashamed that she hadn't realised sooner.

"Alright, lets go." Tommy said, standing beside her on the docks.

Deborah reached out and grabbed his hand, as he began to walk away. "Tommy...this is my hometown." She revealed, staring into his blue eyes, although one was slightly bloodshot.

"Camden Town?" Tommy checked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "This was where you lived before you ran away?"

"Yeah." Deborah nodded, looking around the busy dock. "This is where my mother met my father and raised me."

Tommy looked unsure of what to say, it was a surprise and he had no clue how she felt being back. "Do you want stay on the boat with Curly?" He suggested.

"No. I was actually thinking of looking around, see if I recognise any of the shops or people." Deborah asked, turning back around to face him.

"Deb..." Tommy sighed, looking conflicted. "Sabini's men are looking for you and we're in his territory."