Dreams and Dates

The next day you got a visit from your father. "(Y/N), I am disappointed in you. How could you let that chance slip through your fingers?" Your father growled. Your head was bowed, teeth grinding together. "Not only did you tell him no, you let a filthy commoner hug you." He was pacing back and forth. You took a deep breath in and slowly released it. "Father. I don't care if he had a lot of money, I wasn't going to hand myself over to someone who would treat me like an object." You said.
"Hm. Very well, find someone who won't treat you like a novelty in a month, and you can marry them, while staying in my favor." He said. You looked up in shock. "U-understood, Father. Just one question." Your father nodded. "Do they have to be like us?"
"You mean high class?" He sighed after a moment. "No." For once your father looked defeated. Your eyes lit up once you processed what he said. You jumped up and hugged him. He froze for a moment before slowly hugging you back. "This is the first time you've ever shown affection." You mumbled. A flash of guilt went through his eyes. You let him go and smiled. He cleared his throat. "Yes, well. Good luck."

You sat in the dark of your room, thinking. Who would you pick? Kaidō? He's pretty cute and rather small, which means that he'd fit perfectly in your arms. You saw the string again and touched it.

"Hey, (m/n)." Kaidō said.
"Hi, Kaidō." You responded waving. "Where's Saiki?"
"Um, Teruhashi dragged him somewhere." Kaidō said.
"Oh, okay. Do you know where they went?" You asked. He shook his head.

"(M/n)! I found Saiki!" Kaidō said, running up to you. "Where?"
"He's with Teruhashi, in a café. They're eating coffee jelly." He said, panting. You froze, smile falling instantly. Your breathing turned heavy and you clutched your chest. I-is he happy? You thought.
W-why does this hurt so much?

You awoke with a start. You saw the string dulling. "I don't want that." You whisper, seeing it brighten just a little.
"(M/n), do you want to go somewhere with me?" Saiki asked, appearing in your room. You jumped, your heart in your throat. You nodded after calming down a little. You saw the string was as bright as it was before that stupid vision you had.

You and Saiki walked down the street side by side. On your way, you slowly intertwined your hand with his. He tensed a bit, but didn't pull away. You smiled softly, starting to hum. "What are you humming?" Saiki asked. "Gotta be somebody by Nickelback." You answered. "Would you sing it?" He asked quietly.

You chuckled. "For you, always." You mumbled, light pink dusting your cheeks.

"Tonight, out on the street out in the moonlight
And damn it this feels too right
It's just like deja vu
Me standin' here with you
So I'll be holdin' my breath
Could this be the end?
Is it that moment when
I find the one that I'll spend forever with?"

As you sang quietly, you noticed two females following you. Teruhashi and Yumehara. You squeezed his hand lightly, alerting him. He gave a slight nod. You lifted your intertwined hands and pressed a gentle kiss to his. You saw that his eyes were softened from their usual stone. The sight took your breath away and your blush darkened. He chuckled and you two walked into his favorite café.

(I realize that I said I would update this almost half a year ago now, and I'm sorry. Writers block has me in a choke hold, but I've been getting help from VNetStories many thanks to them, who gave me the idea for the date, and Teruhashi and Yumehara following the duo.)