Chapter 5

Last Appearance

Alya paced around the room. Her nails digging into her arms, her hair frizzy, and every word that came out her mouth sounded like gibberish. It took a few minutes before Alya even realized Nino was calling her name. Her head shot up. "Alya. Stop, sit, and breathe" She nodded. Sitting beside him. She took deep breaths. Breathing in and out slowly.

She calmed. Nino rubbed her back comfortingly. Alya looked at the ground. "Punisher confronted me." Nino looked at her his eyes widened with concern. "Did she do anything?" Alya shook her head. "No, but she took me out of the fictional world I was in and body slammed me into reality." Alya chuckled, but it was weak and faded quickly. "I've been a terrible friend." Nino furrowed his brows. "To Lila?" Alya scowled when she heard that name. "No, Marinette." Before Nino could say anything, she began to speak.

"Her words were so genuine. Filled with real hurt and anger." Alya had to keep herself from crying again, remembering the moment. "She wasn't lying." Nino looked at her. "Are you sure she wasn't lying?" Alya frowned. "That's the thing Nino. I thought she was just having a tantrum because the attention wasn't on her. But she was being completely honest. Out of all the years you've known Marinette. Does she seem like the type to lie? Out of maliciousness? For attention?" Nino's eyes left Alya. His heart beating rapidly. How could he have been so blind? He was in love with the girl once for god's sake, how could he just leave her.

"She gives us everything. But when it's her turn to take. We refuse." She choked on her sobs her face growing hot from tears once again. "Not only did we refuse, but we also hated her for it, we let the real monster rip her apart piece by piece." Her voice broke from her crying. Nino hugged her. Still processing the information he was given.

Alya looked up at him. Staring into his eyes. "Nino..." She breathed. "We created Punisher."

---

Adrien lifted his shirt. Looking into the mirror. It was the night of the fight he had with Punisher. The mirror revealed a big bruise. "Dammit, they're everywhere." He whined. At least most of them could be covered with makeup. But not when he had a black hole on his waist. Plagg floated beside him unimpressed.

"Miraculous ladybug would be really useful wouldn't it?" Plagg smirked. Adrien glared at the kwami sharply. He only smirked. "I'm hungry, is there any camembert?" The little god zoomed away in uninterest. Adrien just decided he'd tell Nathalie he'd gotten sick or something. He changed into his PJ's and tucked himself in. His green eyes following the being with a stack of camembert. Adrien looked at him flatly. "You have to bring that while I'm trying to sleep?" Plagg ignored him. "Well, your Princess hit's hard. That tells you something." Adrien narrowed his eyes. "What's that suppose to mean?" Plagg ignored him once again and swallowed some camembert whole.

Adrien decided not to press. He groaned laying on his other side because she hit him with a giant flucking steel hammer and that hurt like hell. "Plagg do you think she hates me?" The blonde whimpered looking at him for a response. "Probably." Plagg said chomping on some more camembert. Adrien went deadpanned not knowing what to expect from Plagg of all people. Plagg observed him and sighed. "What did you think I was going to say." Plagg cleared his throat in a mimicking voice. "Ohh Adrienn! It'll be okay everything is finne! You and your girlfriend will get over this forbidden romance and make out in a closet soon after!" Plagg fluttered his eyes. He was expecting Adrien to deny all romance to Marinette and call her just a friend but he didn't, the kid stayed silent. "Hmph." Plagg said with curiosity.

Adrien shoved a pillow in his face. "Plagg she hates me!" He yelled into his pillow. Which was muffled and inaudible. Plagg rolled his eyes. "This is why I love camembert and only camembert. Because they can't give you big bruises and they can't enchant you with deep blue eyes and a lovely smile." Adrien snorted as Plagg caressed the cheese with his paw. "I refuse to believe you're describing a real kwami. And you know anything about love."