Move-In

"Well, Steve called it a 'big, ugly building' when I barely knew him." Tony commented.

"I did." Steve admitted. "But I didn't really mean it personally. I thought all of the modern buildings weren't appealing when I was first defrosted. They've grown on me though, especially the Avengers tower."

"You're just saying that because you live here now Capsicle." Tony jokingly punched him in the arm. "But the point is, what did you guys honestly think when you first saw the tower? Since Doom destroyed the top floors of my baby, it's a chance to redo everything. It's your tower to now. I want your input."

Natasha just shrugged. "I didn't really pay attention to forming a personal opinion. I don't have an eye for building aesthetics. More of a functionality person. As long as we still have the gym and large kitchen, I'm fine."

Clint nodded. "Beats my old apartment near SHIELD. Fancy bed."

Bruce just shrugged. "I was still getting used to skyscrapers and steel buildings. Everything was so different from India. I was trying to adapt again and keep everything under control. I don't really remember a specific first impression of the tower."

"You guys are the worst." Tony threw his hands into an exasperated gesture. "Peter? You weren't there in the beginning, but any thoughts on what the tower used to or should look like?"

"Everything you do looks impressive Mr. Stark." Peter answered sincerely.

Tony shook his head. The kid was too starstruck to give a helpful answer. Everyone else didn't live in the tower permanently so he didn't really care. Plus, he knew he'd probably get the same indifferent commentary or something over the top and stupid, looking at you, Thor.

"You guys must've had some opinions. JARVIS, can you pull up a video of when Clint first moved in?" 

"I need Mr. Barton's permission to access footage from his private quarters."

Tony looked at Clint, who seemed nonplussed. "Go ahead JARVIS. Don't expect anything interesting though."

——Clint 2017——

"And here is your room." Tony opened the door and made a sweeping gesture with his hand. "The bedroom is that door, the bathroom is over there, and here is your kitchen. We're standing in the living room. I had J pick out furniture you might like, but if you want something else. Let me know."

"Thanks. Cameras?"

"It helps JARVIS monitor the tower."

"Okay."

"You can unpack now. If you need any help bring your stuff up, tell the doormen downstairs. I'm going to be working in the lab. Feel free to wander around and check out the rest of the building in more depth."

"Got it."

Tony left.

Clint did a quick sweep of the room, instinctually looking for any signs of danger. He looked at the air duct and lightly pushed on it. A tiny smirk appeared on his face. He grabbed his small bag and dumped it on the kitchen table.

"Unpacked." He announced to no-one in particular. He then locked the door, went to the bed, and promptly fell asleep.

————————

"That was it?" Tony gaped.

"It wasn't exactly like I was carrying my new wife across the threshold of our new house or getting the keys to my first house with my best friend. What were you expecting? Joyful squealing? Complaints? Swearing?" Clint sounded a tiny bit offended.