the lake

general pov

it was a few weeks later and the party had a good idea.

"let's go to the lake, have some fun, hang out and stuff." will suggested as they were all coming up with ideas of activities.

"wait that's actually a really good suggestion, as long as everyone wants to go." max chuckled.
the rest of the group responded with nods and yeahs.

about 20 minutes the whole party was ready.
"el you look r-really good.." max blushed as she saw the beautiful brunette in a multi colored bikini in front of her.

"thanks max, i like your bikini." el shyly replied.

that made max's heart explode,

there was just something about el to max
that made her feel amazing.

they all got on their bikes and sped to the lake. when they got there it was beautiful, the water was calm, ducks were gliding across the water. then lucas jumped in and caused them to fly away. "last one in is a rotten egg!" he chuckled from the middle of the lake.

"oh you're so dead!" dustin yelled
as he jumped in after the boy.

max's pov

i was sitting on a big rock with el, she looked so breathtaking.

"max i don't know how to swim.." she whispered to me not wanting to be embarrassed in front of the boys.

"that's fine el, i can teach you the basics or you don't even have to go in if you want." i replied softly.

"n-no i do wanna swim, so can you help me?" she asked, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"yeah come on, the water might be a bit cold-" i
was interrupted by a shocked el.

"it's so cold!" she shrieked with
green water up to her knees.

"i told you!" i chuckled as i splashed her a little bit, her mouth fell into an 'o' shape with water dripping down her face.

"IM GONNA KILL YOU!" she yelled as i swam farther, "okay but come closer so i don't have to you know... die."

"nooo.." i cried from the deep, "you come over here, i'll teach you, then you can kill me."

she desperately doggy paddled her way to me, "see! just like that!" i smiled at her, and
i received one back.

she finally reached me and held onto my arms, "i'm still not that good, i can't do it as good as you." she pouted.

"you're so beautiful.." i subconsciously let out as i looked into her brown eyes.

"wh-what?" she gulped as her legs glided against mine.

fuck fuck fuck. i thought to myself, "uhm nothing!" i quickly lied.

"no max you said that i was beautiful, that's not nothing."

then i kissed her.

it felt as if time stopped in that moment.

my hands on her cheeks.

her legs wrapped around my waist.

then we were put to a stop.

"look what we have here." i heard from the small beach. "the dykes and the fairies!" the boys chuckled.

it was troy and his friends.

"oh come on girls, don't stop for us." troy shouted.
"j-just leave us alone!" mike yelled, looking at him then over to us.

"why should i listen to you faggot?"

"b-because! it's a hate crime!" will defended mike and us.

dustin and lucas looked at each other, scared for us.

"what the fuck is a hate crime? and who gives a fuck." troy laughed. "the world will never be on your side."

i saw something out of the corner of my eye, lucas leaving the water from where the boys couldn't see him, and grabbing his wrist rocket.

"m-max i'm scared.." el whispered to me.

"i got you, i promise." i reassured her as i held her hand under water.

"come on bonnie and clyde! show us your kissy kissy action!" troy yelled.

"hey assholes!" lucas yelled from behind them, "how about you fuck off!!" he finished as he slung a rock right at troy's eye.

"dude! what the fuck!" he screamed as his eye bled, holding his hands on it. "you're gonna pay midnight!"

mike, will, and dustin quickly ran out of the water and got on their bikes. el and i ran quickly behind them, doing the same thing. we all pedaled away, lucas not far behind us.
el held on tight to my waist as i rode as fast as i could. i could hear her sniffling and crying, trying to hide it.

we all arrived at mike's house, lucas arriving a few minutes later. i quickly got off my bike and hugged el tightly, "don't worry, you're safe with me, no matter what." i whispered to her as i kissed the top of her head.

"i-i'm so scared max.." her words muffled by my shoulder, "why are they so mean?"

"i-it's just how the world works baby. i'm sorry." i replied now laying my

head on her shoulder. she did the same as she calmed down.

"why did they want us to kiss?
i thought they hated us?" she questioned as i pet her brown hair.

"well, boys like it when girls kiss they
think it's, attractive." i sighed, thinking about the last part.

"oh, that's dumb." she sighed, not knowing what else to say.

"yeah, i know. how about we go to your house and take a nap, does that sound alright?"

"mhm, i'm tired."

we said our goodbyes to the boys and sped off to her house, el fell asleep while i rode us to her house. it was adorable.

when we got there i picked her up, which was hard, and i carefully tucked her in with me.

i only wish this would last forever.

a/n: hi everyone, i hope this didn't suck and i'm sorry if there are any errors in my spelling, also sorry that i took weeks to publish a chapter school is dumb.
word count: 956