𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭

Title: Good Days

Paring: Leo x reader

I'd never put much thought into it before, but compared to everything else in my life, I was so dreadfully boring. I mean, if I lived in a television show, I probably would be nothing more than a side character, if even that. Side characters usually even have an episode or two just for them, but mine would be full of normal school things and me going back home after work to watch Netflix and do nothing until it was late enough for me to be able to sneak out.

I guess that's where the interest would start- me sneaking out. Not everyone did that, but it would binge some curiosity as to why a normal person would be sneaking out of their room at ten at night just to run into the sewers.

It would probably start a conversation about whether or not I was completely mental. But no, just on my way to the actual main characters of the series I was in. 

Enter the turtles, April, and Casey Jones himself. 

Now, I know what you're going to say; turtles? Why are turtles so interesting? Because they are all human-sized and know ninjutsu, which they learned from their also human-sized rat father. 

But that's a completely different story, so you'll have to wait for the movie for that part of the explanation.

Anyways, Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo were their names, and they all wielded different weapons to protect the citizens of New York from numerous threats like aliens, the rat father's evil brother that also kidnapped the rat's daughter, and way more. Trust me, that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the past five seasons- uh, like three years actually. All the threats were gone now, but that didn't mean that it wasn't still completely entertaining to be best friends with four giant turtles.

April was probably the lead female character and love interest of Casey Jones and Donnie, but she was the lead for a reason. She also had like mind-boggling powers where her eyes glowed and she could do some crazy stuff. I can't get into it too much because of spoilers, but it was sick and, as a plus, she was totally beautiful and nice. Most of the time. 

Moving on. 

Casey Jones was completely normal in a sense. Except that he would rather be a vigilante than be in school, most of the time wearing the same dirty vest and white mask that he'd been in since I'd met him. He also was constantly practicing hockey- which was like the one thing he was actually good at, unfortunately. 

And then, there was me. I didn't have powers, I wasn't particularly good at anything besides helping Casey and April with trig since they were both failing- although April was tutoring Jones for some reason- and overall just being there for the turtles like a good friend. 

That's it- in a show full of main characters, I was left to the side to be the one boring thing throughout every episode. And although that didn't mean that I wanted to suddenly start being interesting, I wanted to be appreciated a little bit by everyone. I know it was probably selfish of me, but I worked hard to make sure that everyone was always okay and wiping tears- I even learned first aid and took nursing classes throughout high school so I could take some of the stress off of Donnie when they came back to the lair with cuts and bruises.

And, yes, they said thank you, but it was a routine. Like when someone tells you that they love you and you say it on instinct, or saying thanks when someone hands you a pen. They didn't mean it anymore. They stopped smiling at me when I gave them a band-aid, stopped petting my hair whenever I finished wrapping them up, and just overall started drifting from me, probably because all they talked about was what they did when they went out at night.