Chapter Two

Harry sighed as he collapsed into his chair in Potions as Ron laughed at the tired Omega.  Harry was so glad he had Ron in this class. They'd usually have Hermione in here as well but she had the next three days excused due to her heat.  Harry shivered at the thoughts from his only heat. It hadn't been a pleasant experience for the Omega and he didn't look forward to his next.  Luckily male Omega's heat only lasted half the time a female's did.  Harry would rather have three day rut than a day and a half of heat despite the time frame differences. The boy was snapped out of his thoughts by someone knocking into the back of his chair.  Harry turned to see Blaise laughing as Draco steadied himself on his feet.  Draco flipped the other Alpha off and straightened his tie.  The blonde Alpha glanced back at Harry while pushing his hair back into its normally pristine style but today it was void of gel. Dark circles were thick under the Alpha's grey eyes almost matching Harry's own. Harry felt himself feel sorry for the Alpha for some reason. Turns out they both hadn't slept much.

"Potter,"  Draco spoke like an apology if Harry had ever heard the Alpha sound sincere. Locking eyes with Draco, Harry gave a faint closed mouth smile to him before turning back around.  Harry felt his heartbeat flutter again and blush bite into his cheeks.  How Draco had acted in the locker rooms came crashing back to Harry.  It was bad enough today everywhere the Omega was a certain blonde Alpha seemed to turn up.  It was as if it was planned but Harry couldn't let his inner Omega trick him into seeing more into this situation than he was trying to already.  Turning back to his book he resumed his work as the Professor stepped outside to scold Blaise.  Harry couldn't get back into the groove of taking notes on the eyes of a toad thanks to the heat of Draco's gaze on the back of his neck.  Harry turned his neck slightly to glance out the corner of his eye at Draco.  The Alpha was of course staring at Harry without his quill in his hand.  Harry looked back to his notes and began copying the words down not even registering them in his mind. Harry figured Draco was just trying to keep Vincent out of trouble even if it meant following around his enemy all day. Harry just couldn't seem to come up with an explanation for what Draco said to him last night. Maybe Draco just meant he should stay away from Vincent to keep them all out of trouble? No, Harry shook his head only Vincent would get in trouble for his own actions. The Omega just couldn't seem to shake why Draco had seemed so concerned about his well being or why he stepped in to help him with Vincent. If he truly did hate Harry then why would he risk challenging another pure blood Alpha over protecting him? Harry glanced back at Draco and felt his heart stop when his green eyes met Draco's own grey ones. Draco didn't pull his gaze away but instead rose an eyebrow at the Omega accursedly as if he wasn't the one who'd been trailing behind Harry all day. Harry gave his best glare he could muster at the blonde before his gaze shifted back to his textbook. Could it be Draco was planning some big prank on Harry? There's no way he'd noticed Harry's strange behavior so he wouldn't just be trying to fuck with him, would he? Harry felt anger simmer in his chest as he jumped to conclusions trying to ignore the feelings he was developing for Draco. Of course that's what Draco would do, there's no way Draco would ever actually care about Harry. With a new sourness to his mood and his inner Omega angry, Harry turned back to copying his notes diligently. The bell rang and Harry still couldn't seem to calm the anger that was burning up to his ears.

"See you at practice," Ron spoke as he turned to leave the class room and Harry smiled slightly. Harry gathered his books up quickly and pushed his chair in before walking out of the door. Heading to Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry bit back the urge to turn around and cuss out Draco who lagged five feet behind Harry. No other Slytherins took this way to this class and Harry was so sick over getting followed. If it weren't for the scent of Draco's pheromones Harry wouldn't be able to tell because of how light the Alpha's footsteps were. Harry couldn't concentrate on how to move his feet due to Draco's gaze and soon found himself fumbling over his feet and falling into the floor. The impact was slightly softer than Harry expected but he still groaned out.  Harry opened his eyes to Draco's signature laughter as the Alpha bent over to look down at him.