Chapter 19

THEA

"Hi everyone," I began, as pair of eyes looking at me. "I want to thank each one of you to participate into our school program. I know this home school is still new, but we're gonna work this out. We already have 3 different families who put their trust in us to teach their children, and hopefully more to come. This is the manual book for the program," I gave each of them the manual book.

The past few months had been so hectic for me and Arthur. The house was finally being renovated, and the home school program was ready to start. Thanks to Arthur, who promoted the home school to his relatives, last month we got a call from 3 different families who were interested in our program. We also got 6 volunteers to be the teachers, 4 females and 2 males.

"As you can see on the manual book, class starts at 10 am and ends at 1 pm, depends on the subjects. No classes on Saturday and Sunday. Other than that you can read the manual book or ask me or Alisha, my secretary, anything for further information. Thank you."

Everyone left their spot as I ended my speech. Arthur was looking at me with a smile on his face. I smiled in return as I went to approach him.

"You did good up there."

"Thanks, I couldn't have done it without your help." I took my purse from the chair and walked out with him. "Are you going back to work?"

"Yes, I have 2 meetings today. Might as well gonna be late tonight so I apologize in advanced I can't pick you up from work."

I nodded. "It's fine, I can ask Felix to pick me up."

He nodded in response then drove me to my office. When we reached the lobby, I thanked him and got out of the car.

"Text me when you reach home." he said as he rolled the window down.

"Yes, Sir!"

He smiled then waved at me. "See you at home."

I smiled and waved at him as he left.

Home

He called it home.

"What are you smiling at?" Grey suddenly appeared beside me. "I'm starting to think you have gone crazy, babe."

I rolled my eyes and walked with him inside the building. "I was smiling at my husband, you know."

"Ah, the delicious husband."

"Don't call my husband delicious."

He raised both his hands in defeated. "Alright, sorry, babe."

We reached our room and started working. My phone vibrated to a text from Cynthia.

Cynthia: Morning, Thea!
Cynthia: The kids and I baked some cupcakes for Arthur's birthday. We baked some for you too x

I blinked as I read the text.

Arthur's birthday.

ARTHUR'S BIRTHDAY!

"Shit, I'm fucked." I groaned in annoyance as I actually forgot that it was Arthur's birthday today.

"What's with you?" Bella asked, typing on her computer.

"I forgot that it's Arthur's birthday today," I sighed and looked at her. "What should I gift him?"

Grey chimed in. "Buy yourself some sexy lingerie and show him tonight."

I glared at him. "That will never happen. Can you be more rational and help me please!"

He chuckled. "Right, right, well you must know that gifting men is not really necessary. All you need to do is showing them your affection and attention. Men love it when their girls appreciate them."