Chapter 10 {NATE}

NATE

*not edited, no media

"I did not!" Dani spat as she joking slapped my chest.

"Right." I simply laughed in return before rolling onto my side to face her.

God she was beautiful.

I could never get tired of looking at that face. Five years without it - her - was just too much. I wanted to take her home and never leave her side again.

"Why are you staring at me?" Dani's voice snapped me out of my train of though.

"Because you're beautiful." Was all I gave in return before closing my eyes and soon enough, drifting off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to a warm body being cuddled up next to mine. This was a feeling I wasn't used to, at least not for a while now.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Dani's face snuggled into my chest. This made me smile.

After grabbing my phone off the nightstand behind me, I snuck my arm around Dani's back and unlocked the phone. The time read 10 am. Normally I'd let her sleep in, but today we had important things to do.

"Dani," I whispered as I set my phone down. "You gotta wake up."

"Hm?" She mumbled before slowly fluttering her eyes open in an adorable way.

"We need to get up so we can go to your apartment."

I watched as Dani let out a few grumbles before sitting up and glaring at me, making me laugh. 

"Nice hair."  I remarked before hopping out of my bed and running into the kitchen, letting her do whatever it is she does. 

Deciding against having breakfast, I began to put on a pot of coffee.  I knew Dani wouldn't drink it, she's never liked coffee, but I definitely would. 

After a few minutes, Dani came slouching out of the bedroom with a fuzzy blanket wrapped around her body and the same messy hair she wore minutes ago.  I laughed as she flopped down onto the couch. 

It wasn't long before the coffee was ready and I poured myself a glass.  Just as I was about to make my way towards the living room, I heard Dani speak up. 

"Do I smell coffee?" She inquired in a groggy voice. 

"Yeah, sorry."  I apologized, knowing she hates the smell. 

Her head slowly emerged back up and she sat up on the couch, giving me her attention.  "Can I have some?" 

Huh?  Since when does Dani Anderson drink coffee?  She hates the taste, the smell, and everything else about it. 

"Uh, sure?"  I stiffed a laugh.  "Since when do you drink coffee?" 

"Now."  She stated plainly, making me laugh. 

I poured her a small glass of the hot liquid, wondering if she'd actually drink it.  After handing her the glass, she began to swish it around before smelling it.  Finally, she brought the mug to her mouth and took a sip. 

I watched as Dani's face turned an odd shade of green and she shoved the mug into my hands before running to the sink and spitting it all out. 

"You are so dramatic."  I laughed as I placed her mug on the counter and headed towards the bathroom.  "I'm gonna go change and then we can head out whenever you're ready." 

I skipped towards my bedroom, closing the door behind me.  When I saw my reflection in the mirror in front of me I felt dumb.  I had teased Dani about her messy hair, when mine looked no better. 

Letting out a silent groan, I raked my fingers through my hair a few times and threw on a change clothes.  It wasn't anything too fancy, just a pair of gray joggers and a white T-shirt. 

When I exited the bedroom, Dani was no longer in the living room.  I looked across from me and noticed the bathroom door closed; she must be in there. 

"Dani?" I called out as I lightly knocked on the door to the bathroom.  "You almost ready?" 

"Yeah, hold on."  She called back. 

I stood there for a few seconds before I grew impatient and knocked again. 

"Can I come in a grab my toothbrush?"  I questioned. 

"I said hold on."  She groaned. 

Dani has never been a morning person. 

About a minute went by before I decided to be an idiot and just walk into the bathroom.  Big mistake. 

When I opened the door, I hit Dani, making her fall and stick of mascara swipe across her face in the process. 

Oops. 

I looked down the see Dani glaring daggers at me before I reached down and pulled her off the ground. 

"I am so sorry."  I apologized.  "I didn't mean to do that." 

I felt so bad.  In any other circumstance I would have laughed my butt off, but she didn't seem so amused, so I figured that wouldn't be the best route. 

I watched as she looked at herself in the mirror and she her face fell.  She looked almost... sad?  Why was she sad? 

"What's wrong?"  I questioned as I fully entered the bathroom and stood beside her. 

"Nothing, I'm just embarrassed."  She breathed out, forcing a smile. 

"Why?"  I pried.  She probably gets annoyed that I pry so much, but I couldn't help it, I was curious. 

Dani turned away from the mirror and faced me.  Her eyes were drooping, her hair was a mess, and she had a mascara streak going down her cheek from when she fell. 

"Because I look awful, and I don't want you seeing me when I look like this."  She admitted sheepishly.  "I was trying to make myself look presentable with this crappy mascara I found in my purse."

I couldn't help but grin at her response.  Not because anything she said was funny, but because she was trying so hard to impress me.  After scanning her face with my eyes I began to speak. 

"You look beautiful.  You always do.  Don't change a thing."  I ordered before smirking and grabbing my toothbrush. 

~~~~~~
Thank you all so so so so much for being patient with me in the month it took for me to write this.  I'm super sorry about how long it took, Ive just been soooooo busy.  I promise I'm not giving up on the story or anything and I WILL finish it.  I know this chapter wasn't much, but hopefully it doesn't take me forever to get the next won't out, which it shouldn't. 

Anyways, I'm working on some of the stories that got lots of votes to publish next and I'm so excited to share them with you guys.  The main ones I've been working on are 'Saving The Bad Boy' and 'Affiliation' and I'm honestly pumped.  I think within the next few weeks you can maybe expect a few chapters of each just you guys can get a little taste of them lmao. 

Again, thank you all so much for your patience, you guys are the best! ❤️❤️

**side note, my phone has literally no storage and won't let me put any media (gifs and authors note photo), so I'll add those in as soon as my phone stops being dumb haha.  Sorry about that!