five

"let's take a break mark. you look tired." jeno said as he wiped his forehead.

mark sighed frustratedly as he sat down on the gym floor. at this point running his fingers through his sweaty hair seemed like the only stress reliever. "i feel like i can't breathe."

well actually, a couple of time he envisioned being engulfed in donghyuck's arms which gave him a slight energy boast. but that didn't last very long as his though as his constant state of wheezing took over his thoughts instead.

"people are staring." jeno said as he sat down on the floor next to mark. he handed him a room temperature water bottle from some vending machine in the local run down rec center across from the high school that they went to.

mark hastily snatched the water bottle from jeno's delicate hands, "staring at what?"

jeno nudged mark with his elbow, "you. it's very unlikely to see mark lee exercising on a weekday after school."

mark leaned his head against the wall slowly and sighed in defeat, "one month isn't nearly enough time to fake being a pro at basketball. remind me why i did this again?"

jeno shifted his body to mark's direction, "because you're dumb."

mark rolled his eyes out of annoyance, "it's just that i don't want to mess this up. i finally have a chance with donghyuck and i go and screw it up."

jeno awkward patted mark on the back. "i can't help you with crush issues." jeno started as he jumped up and landed on his feet, "but i can help you with basketball and fitness. now let's go run two miles."

mark groaned, "that was a short break!"

-

donghyuck mindlessly threw his hands on renjun, "renjuuunnnn-ahhh."

renjun pushed donghyuck's hands off of him and continued to stare down at the paper in front of him, "what do you want?"

donghyuck slumped down in the wooden chair, "why are you helping me?"

renjun flickered his eyes towards donghyuck and then back to his paper again. he wrote down a few things and then set down his pencil. "after you and yukhei didn't work out it's nice to see you turning your attention to someone else."

donghyuck rested his forehead on the table and frowned, "don't even remind me about yukhei. he was the worst first boyfriend ever and i'm still upset about him."

renjun rolled his eyes and leaned back into his chair, "it's been over a year. get over it. he left you, so what? you can't keep mopping about him."

donghyuck slumpt further down in the chair at renjun's words.

renjun chuckled at donghyuck's reaction and nudged him softly, "i can see that you have a slight interest in mark! why don't you try it out? there's no harm in pursuing him. plus god knows how long he's had a crush on you."

donghyuck lifted his head up from the table and sighed , "can i tell him that you were the one who gave me his number?"

renjun quirked his eyebrow slightly, "why?"

donghyuck smirked and clasped his hands together joyfully, "because i already told him so you can't be mad at me. plus i never got to tell you my plan!"

renjun rubbed his temples, "go ahead hyuck."

donghyuck lovingly smiled, "he still thinks that i don't know he wasn't on the basketball team and since the basketball team needed one more person to compete in a tournament i recommended him. so let's see how much he improves over the course of a month."

renjun grinned gleefully, "oh you're good at what you do."

donghyuck bashfully smiled at renjun, "it's not even that hard to be me. plus it was way too easy to tell that mark was lying about being on the basketball team, since i was the manager for two years and not once did i ever see him."