Chapter 25 - Something

Jacob Williams

"Good morning, Jacob." Tim patted my back as he sat on the chair beside me with his tea.

"Good morning, Tim." I smiled to him and he looked down to my hand.

"What's wrong with the ring? Is it too big?" He asked.

"Nope, Catherine took it off and put it on the table beside her bed. I'm just admiring it." I said as I leaned my body completely to the chair.

"If you think that she's trying to back off, she won't." Tim said and I turned to him. He's smiling at me as he picked up his cup of tea.

"You can't blame us for thinking about it, Tim. I'm sorry for being so straight forward but.. this is an arrange marriage sucks and we both don't love each other." I said and he chuckled nodding.

"Even though the invitations are out, you both still can back out. Joe and I only want the best for you both and in the end of the day.. the marriage is yours and Catherine's choice." He said and I looked up to the sky.

"I don't think you both will let us back out easily." He added.

"Now you're letting me have a second thought." I said without looking him.

"Go ahead have one."

"You're so confident about this, Tim." I turned to him and looked at him suspiciously. He shrugged and sipped his tea again.

"Oh I am.. I've been on your shoes too, Jacob. I was arranged with Catherine's grandmother too."

"You fell in love?" I asked.

"Yeah.. it's hard to let her go." He said smirking at me.

"What if our marriage don't work? We'll end up divorcing and hate each other." I let out a sigh.

"Stop thinking about what the future have for you, enjoy it now. Why are you trying so hard to predict everything?"

"Marriage is a big deal." I said straight forward completely.

"Then let's cancel the marriage." My body froze when I heard Catherine's voice. I turned to her and she's already looking at me with her cold eyes.

"Okay.. I'm outta here. I'll let you two settle this out." Tim said as he got up from his seat slowly. Catherine sat down on her grandfather's chair and let out a dry laugh.

"I'm sick of this.. conversation, Jacob."

"Of what? Going back and forth about the marriage?" I asked in not so friendly tone.

"Let's just not get married." She said and I let out a dry laugh.

"Why? You're going back to your ex?" I turned to her and looked at her coldly.

"I'm not! Geez.. why do you keep repeating that question?"

"Well.. then.. we don't have any reason to stop this marriage." I said looking at her seriously as I got up from my seat planning to go inside to cool my head down.

"You're the one who's having second thoughts!" She bursted and I turned to her.

"Then why is this ring on the table then? You're reconsidering this marriage right?" I said as I showed the ring to her and she sighed looking at me disbelief.

"You're assuming things too fast." She said as she showed me her ring finger. She has a bandage on it and it made me speechless.

"You kept doubting me when I'm starting to believe in you to go for this marriage. I was cooking yesterday, practicing to make pasta for you but the oil burned my fingers yesterday.." She hissed as she showed me her burned fingers.

"I thought.."

"Yes.. you thought." She glared at me big time.

"How about Eden?"

"My brother, Cameron, was playing around. There's no more Eden. Why are you being so dramatic?!" She got up from her chair planning to go inside but I pulled her and sat her on my lap.

"No Eden?" I asked again and she pushed me away trying to escape but I wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"I'm a very jealous man, Catherine." I said while looking straight to her eyes.

"Yeah.. you're very possessive and a liar that you decided not to tell me about our grandfathers decision." She said in a cold tone and my eyes widen.

"What?"

"You heard me, Jacob. Joe told you to choose right? If we want to get married in a month or in a year and you never even ask me that." She said and I loosen up my arms around her. She turned to me and she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"How did you know about that?"

"You don't need to know about it and I've decided to postpone the wedding."

"No!" I said completely not agreeing.

"I want to learn about the company and I bet you will be busy to move your company to New York. Besides.. we can still think about the marriage."

"No.. we're going to get married in 2 weeks whether you like it or not." I said seriously and she shook her head.

"Go find another bride then, I'm not marrying you in 2 weeks. Who knows we might find someone else along the way and end up falling in love.." She smirked and I grabbed both of her wrist forcing her to look at me in the eye. I'm not letting her take a look at someone else as long as I'm alive and she's not going anywhere.

"We're not going to postpone the wedding, Catherine. We will get married whether you like it or not." I said seriously and she scoffed.

"What? What are you going to do if I don't want it?"

"So you really don't want to get married?" I asked as I let her wrist go and she raised her eyebrows.

"What if I say.. I don't want to."

"That's fine by me.. but you have to give me one thing then." I said smirking when that idea came out from my brilliant brain.

"What is that? Money? Share?"

"No.. I want a heir."