[33] - Where Do You Go To Clear Your Head?

stranger | alex | cooper

*

"Hello, Welcome to Kings Cafe. How may I be of service?"

"Wow, they really do have an online order thingy."

"Oh hey Alex! Yeah, isn't it cool? Not only do we take your order, but you have the choice of picking it up or having it dropped off at your house."

"Seriously? It's a small shop inside a college."

"We've been getting more and more business recently. I have to man the phone during my shift and occasionally the register when one of the other guys is busy with someone else. Our boss is thinking of opening his own coffee shop right across the street though."

"That's awesome, Stranger! Will you still be working there after you've become a paramedic?"

"I'm not sure..."

"Depends if I have enough time but right now I'll be working here for a little while longer as long as training remains in town."

"Oh nice..."

"Something wrong?"

"No I'm just a bit cold."

"Cold? Are you outside?"

"Yeah, looking for good places to take pictures at."

"Where are you right now?"

"T-The uh, the bridge bordering Eastmoor and Stormrock. It's a very pretty view with water running below it. I use to come here all the time to clear my head. The best time is at eight before all of the colors mix. Purples, yellows, and oranges. All of my favorite colors. It's so peaceful..."

"What about you, Stranger?"

"What?"

"Where do you go to clear your head?"

"Oh, it's kinda stupid.."

"Tell me. I won't judge."

"Well, I like to go to this hill that over looks Eastmoor right before the sun sets so I'm there as the stars come out. I would go there usually drunk and depressed, hating the world. Pretty sure there's still a stash of liquor there."

"Oh...uh, Stranger I need to tell y—"

"Hey bro, you busy?"

"Why what's up?"

"We gotta...talk about something."

"Oh..I'll be out there in a minute."

"Ok."

"..."

"Hey you still there?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm here."

"I have to go b—Alex."

"Oh, is everything ok?"

"Yeah it's just roommate drama."

"Were you saying something before?"

"No, it's ok. Go ahead."

"Are you sure?"

"Yesssssss, just gooooooo."

"Can I call you later?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Alright babe, talk to ya later."

"..."

"Wait w—"

He smiles, pressing the end button. It only takes seconds for reality to set in, and for his eyes to widen.

"Oh shit."

*

This one isn't that well, kinda short, but moves the story in further. And remember, the ends coming.

What do you thinks gonna happen?

What are some theories you have?

Was there important information in this chapter that you might have missed?

Don't forget to:

vote
comment
share this story with your friends
add this to your reading list

Until next time

❤️