↽Five⇁

↽Isabella⇁

Nico managed to get Isabella the meeting with Chiron. They were on their way out of the border when Jason stopped them.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" He asked as he jogged up to the two of them. Isabella and Nico both turned, she put her elbow on Nico's shoulder.

"Out." was her one worded answer. Jason gave her an annoyed expression,

"No seriously, you can't just leave. You stabbed Octavian three days ago." He said. Nico turned to Isabella and looked at her in shock.

"You stabbed Octavian?" He whispered to Isabella in awe.

"Someone had to do it." She shrugged and whispered back.

"HEY" They both snapped their heads to Jason, "That means that you can't leave Bella."

Isabella narrowed her eyes at him, "And who's gonna stop me, you? Are you trying to be a hero? To whom Jason. Nobody cares about what I do, so back off." She said forcefully and started dragging Nico away with her.

When they were out of Jason's earshot, Nico turned to her, "You know that he likes you right? He's doing this because he cares about you."

Isabella sighed, "I know Neeks. I know." They continued walking and talked about random things that they found amusing.

↽⋯⇁

Right before they entered the coffee shop, Nico stopped her.

"There's something I want to tell you before we go in." He started, "Chiron's not human" Isabella's eyebrows burrowed,

"What is he then?"

"He's a Centaur." Immediately Isabella's hand was on her pocket watch. Before she could push the button, Nico grabbed her hands and pulled them away.

"WAIT! HE'S A GOOD PERSON!" He yelled.

"ALL CENTAURS ARE BAD NICO!"

"THIS ONE ISN'T!" Reluctantly Isabella took her hands out of Nico's.

"Fine. But I trust you Neeks, not him." Isabella stormed into the cafe, when she entered everyone's eyes were watching her. They had probably heard Nico and her arguing outside, she glared at them and everyone looked away. Except for one man, he had a scruffy brown beard, bushy eyebrows and intense eyes. This man was sitting in a wheelchair and still staring straight at Isabella with a look of awe and wonder. He also had the appearance that he knew things that others didn't.

Isabella walked over to the counter and ordered two coffees, one for her and one for Nico. When she turned around, she saw that Nico had Shadow traveled away and that the man in the wheelchair was still examining her. She cursed under her breath and took both coffees while walking to the man in the wheelchair. She sat opposite to the man and raised a brow,

"I hope you like black coffee Chiron." Were the first words she spoke to the Centaur while sliding the cup over to him.

He smiled, "Thank you dear. So," He took off the lid and blew the coffee to cool it, "you wanted to talk to me?"

"Yeah, I did. There's something... abnormal happening to me." Chiron looked up from his coffee with more interest than before,

"Go on."

"Have you ever heard of demi-gods eyes lighting up when in a fight?"She asked. Isabella wanted to get answers and leave as fast as possible. Not because she was afraid of the centaur, but because she didn't want to leave her camp just in case another attack happens.