➳20

Soon they realised the true meaning of love

WOW 32K ALREADY I SWEAR I HAD 30 EARLIER

"Here, I didn't know which one you wanted so I got both

"Here, I didn't know which one you wanted so I got both." You walked into your living room where where Mark was sitting.
You held out two different flavours of ice cream towards him.
"I'm fine with any, you can choose." He replied, his voice a little scratchy from earlier.

You eyed the two flavours before shrugging your shoulders and opening both.
Sitting yourself down next to Mark, you offered him a spoon and switched on the TV.
"What do you want to watch Freckles?"

"Freckles?" He frowned in confusion.
You smiled at his reaction.
"You have some freckles." You pointed out, eyes glimmering at the boy who was again shocked at your nickname.
"Where?" He asked, feeling a hand over his face.

"You can't feel it, idiot." You rolled your eyes.
"Here." Your finger brushed over his jaw, showing him where it was.
Despite the uplifting atmosphere, Mark hadn't replied, you looked up to see him looking straight at you, not turning away once you caught his gaze.
Suddenly, you felt very self aware, of how close you two were.
It's not like you were basically one person not long ago.
The lump in your throat seemed to get bigger the more he looked at you.

"What is it?"

"Nothing...you remind me of someone."

"Who?" You sat up straighter, wondering what his reply would be.

"My dog." And you've never seen Mark smile this much.

"Okay but why is she walking into the room, knowing full well someone is there

"Okay but why is she walking into the room, knowing full well someone is there." You shovelled another spoonful of ice cream into your mouth.
"Protagonists are so dumb, just use basic combat." He rolled his eyes and shook his head like it was obvious.
"Ooh sorry gang member."

"Oh shut up." He nudged you slightly, but you dramatically fell to the side.
"Oh shi- wait you're acting aren't you?"
You nodded and sat back up straight, grinning widely.
"Aww was little Markie concerned for me." You teased exaggerating your voice as if you were speaking to a child.
The boy scowled in return, turning towards you and gently flicking your forehead.

"Your ice cream is melting doggo."

"You are so not calling me dog as a nickname!"
"Too late I'm saving your name as it." Mark got his phone out and proceeded to change your name to the said nickname.
"No! Change it!" You reached to get his phone but he held it higher.

"Change it to something else." You whined, shaking his arm.
"Imagine calling me dog in public I think someone would report you for bullying."

"Okay fine, fine what should your nickname be my highness." He mocked.

"Hm, let me think and I'll tell you."

WHAT SHOULD HE CALL HER GUYS :)