11

Four days

Four days.

Morgan had been comatose for four days, and nobody was taking it well. Elijah refused to sleep at school, he made the hour commute to and from school every day to check on her and make sure that if she woke up he'd be in arms reach.

Her friends all came to visit her during all hours of the day whenever they had the time, talking to her and just sitting by her side. Samir on the other hand spent every free second he had next to his girlfriend. He talked to her about any and everything and prayed with her every single time he came no matter if it was once or three times that day.

She twitched often, usually when someone touched her hand or her face she'd twitch in response. The doctors told everyone that it was a good sign that she'd wake up soon. There were flowers decorating every part of the room from her coworkers who stopped by often as well.

"Hey pretty girl," Samir said, entering her hospital room with a bag of food. "I ain't eat all day man, your best friend has been running me ragged for two days now. I know he only let me leave because I told him I was coming to see you, my baby," he said, squeezing her hand briefly, receiving a twitch of her fingers back, making his heart flutter in his chest.

"I can't wait for you to get up, mama. I miss them pretty ass eyes," he told her, gazing at her relaxed face, she looked so at peace to him. After he said that, her heart monitor started speeding up again, and he laughed.

"You in here giving my favorite patient butterflies again, young man?" Morgan's nurse, Ms. Tia, asked, coming in to check on her routinely.

"My bad, Ms. Tia, I was just telling her I miss her," he chuckled as the nurse began replacing her IV bag.

"Well I'm sure that she misses you all too, she's trying, ain't that right sweetheart?" she asked, going about the rest of her duties as Samir ate. Once Ms. Tia was done, she told Samir goodbye and exited the room to finish up her rounds.

For an hour or so, Samir sat with Morgan, talking about any and everything until he accidentally fell asleep. He did this often, he'd fall asleep right next to her, sometimes at night.

Nobody bothered to wake him because they all knew this was where he wanted to be. They never told him to go home or to get some sleep because he'd just tell them no.

"Hey sis! Oop oh shit," Julian exclaimed loudly, but quickly shut up when he saw his friend asleep in the chair next to her. "This nigga sleep like a brick, I don't even know why I'm worried," he shook his head, pulling up a chair on the opposite side of her.

"I miss ya' ugly. Wake up soon because your brother is harassing me to give him more tattoos now and I don't want you to beat my ass if I crack and do it," he started, chuckling.

"Oh and I finally told everyone about the baby, Kiki wasn't as mad as I expected. She just yelled at me cuz I never told her about it in the first place, but I didn't want to say anything and then it not be mine, yknow? I know you'd understand me, best friend. But, the baby is mine, ain't that some shit? Ima be a whole ass daddy, mane. I already told Tara you the God mom, no discussion period. I think Tre should be the god dad but we'll talk about it when you wake up sis, promise," he said, rubbing her hand.