44. Frankie wanted to bury herself in a hole

Frankie tried to hide, she really did.
She took Alex's laptop and buried herself into it like an ostrich. Alex however was still rambling about his new song and about how the concept was something never done before or some other woke bullshit. He didn't notice how Frankie looked like she was going to be sick.

Nevertheless deep down in that brain of hers, in a scary small part of her hypothalamus that was full of fantasies and dreams with Nickolas Sparks movies that made her cry (even tho she would never tell that to anyone) she thought that IF she did see him again she would feel butterflies in her stomach and warmth however she felt a knot in the pit of her stomach like if she was about to fall down a hole, which she probably was because Matty Healy was bad fucking news.

"Omg" Alex said. She knew what was coming next. She muttered a string of cuss words that her mother wouldn't be proud of. "Is that Matty Healy" He said in a hushed voice. Frankie sight. "Looks like it. I wouldn't expect him to be in a place like this you know?" "A place where they sell overpriced gluten free pancakes and green juices? Yeah me neither, that's not very rock and roll." Frankie hummed in agreement.

They both watched the self proclaimed rockstar in awe. Alex thinking about approaching him maybe ask for a picture as Frankie was thinking about how she was soo not over him, fuck. Frankie thought she was, she really did; with her brunches and meditation but all it took was for him to walk into that fucking store.

He looked more pale.
He looked skinny.
He looked unhappy.

Frankie used to think that there was a certain aura surrounding him, like a cloud that was in the verge, ready to explode  into droplets in any second but this was different.

She was so  immersed in her thoughts that she didn't realized that Alex had stand from his chair approaching the brunette. Shit. Shit.Shit Frankie stayed still maybe is she didn't move he couldn't see her.

Alex was such a fucking fanboy ready to whore himself out gosh. He was talking to Matty moving his hands a lot, however he didn't seem to care he was all smiles and soft nods as he was waiting for his organic cold brew.

Frankie wanted to die as she saw both man looking in her direction, she felt herself blushing as Alex was motion for her to get closer. Alex was so naive and stupid she wanted to cut his dick off. Matty smiled in her direction with his shades still on (like a fucking asshole).

"He hasn't recognized me" she concluded as she slowly got up from her sit. Of course he didn't. She looked so much different she wasn't a child with an endless supply of eyeliner and boxed dye anymore.

"Hey F can you take a picture of us" Frankie seem to find her voice so she just nodded trying to get a decent picture with her shaky hands.

"Anyway as I was telling you, I'm such a big fan actually F is too, right?"

"Mhm big fan"

"Frankie can you take a picture of us?" The name was like a trigger word for Matty she realized as his eyes widen and que look even more pale. She took the phone from Alex's hands trying not to look at him however a small smile creeped in as she saw his face through the phone's lens: He looked petrified. Of course he did.

Why would he want to see the teen he fucked three years ago? He probably was thinking that she would sell the story to some stupid indie magazine or sue him but she wasn't interested in that all she wanted was to fucking leave that shitty bakery, the pastel colors hurting her eyes.

"Here you go" he muttered giving Alex his phone.