Chapter 36: Contract (II)

The pic is so cute and funny uwu
Cred to rightful owner

Sorry for the mistakes plz. Ignore

Third Person POV

Taehyung was sitting on the stool, his breakfast plate on the counter which he's staring at and molesting it with the fork. He hasn't eaten anything for the last day---the funeral day and even after that. He hasn't cried either, his mind is messed up, he's too tired to cry or even say a word.

Seokjin is the same. Namjoon is with him all the time and only difference is that Seokjin cries time to time---a little bit but Taehyung has only cried in Jeongguk's arms in the hospital, not after that.

He's in his home, Jeongguk is there and keeps trying to talk to him, to make him say anything but it's all in vain. He keeps telling him it was not his fault---nothing was his fault and Taehyung is ofcourse listening to his words but he doesn't reply him.

If his mind does focus on something, it's the conversation he had with Jeongguk months ago---about Minjae and Jeongguk's friend. How can he not blame himself when he was supposed to save him---he with him and never leave him alone.

His own life wasn't much busy yet he didn't have time for his own bestfriend. He couldn't be with him like last time, wasn't glued to him---didn't look after him, didn't check what medication he was on on what he was putting in his body, didn't stay thr nights in his house like the last time.

Last time wasn't much extreme yet Taehyung's care was too much and this time, the suffering was alot and Taehyung's care was less.

No, not if he's given a reason to keep using them. Not if he's stopped. Not if you stay with him and give him a strong reason to stay and not do what he's doing.

Taehyung remembers Jeongguk's word clearly but he couldn't do it. He couldn't give Minjae any reason to not use drugs, he couldn't stop him. He couldn't stay with him or give him a strong reason to stay.

Taehyung failed to do everything that he was meant to do to keep his bestfriend.

Just stay by his side and never make him feel alone.

Taehyung couldn't and now thinking about it hurts him because his friend is gone and there's nothing Taehyung can do to bring him back. Even his cries won't matter because they can't bring him back either.

He's just left with the memories.

No Taehyung feels like he's losing everything---maybe it's because he's pushing Jeongguk away---he's losing everything because Jeongguk is---his everything.

Taehyung gets frustrated on himself, he hits the fork on the plate rather harshly, deshapes the food in it. The clanking makes loud and low noise, makes Jeongguk look at him from where he's sitting on the couch.

He has seen Taehyung the most vulnerable in these two days. He thought he'd never see him like that, the jolly and joyful person can't look so broken yet he was proven wrong. No matter what type of a person you are, you're always broken somewhere---somehow.

The ravenette gets up and walks towards Taehyung who still doesn't stop and releases his anger on fork and food. Jeongguk watches him for a second and then softly grabs Taehyung's wrist to stop him, the model jerks away from his hold and continues doing what he was doing.

"Tae---". Jeongguk softly says but the frown on Taehyung's face deepens and he gritts his teeth. Jeongguk places a hand on Taehyung's shoulder, makes the other stop the movement of the fork for a brief second.

"Tae, please stop." Jeongguk utters but the other doesn't listen. He's not liking that Jeongguk's distracting him from whatever he's doing---no matter how stupid.