Volume 02 Chapter 18

He's dreaming?

From the looks of it, he's having a nightmare.

Tapping his face to wake him up, she also tried calling his name, worriedly.

"Xianfeng! Wake up! Xianfeng! It's only a dream. Wake up!"

After a few taps, Qing Xianfeng suddenly opens his eyes, hazing with some emotions he still held from that dream. She saw shock, confusion, fear, and heartache.

Seeing his current appearance, she felt some pain deep in her soul. She immediately held him into her arms while reassuring him with her soft voice.

"It's okay. I'm here. Don't worry I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here."

She can feel his trembling body inside her embrace while she keep saying those words. She repeatedly rubbing his head and back, telling him of her presence, that she's here, with him, beside him.

After a while, his trembling cease followed by his hesitant and cautious voice.

"Selena?"

She felt pain in her heart.

She sigh and hide her pain from her voice.

"Xianfeng, are you okay now?"

He move away from her embrace and look into her eyes.

His worried midnight dark eyes are now looking at hers, as if he's finding something, something to reassure himself.

As though he found it, he let out a sigh of relief and calls out her name.

"Yan-er."

As those words left his lips, she genuinely smiled at him.

After that incident, Qing Xianfeng let her pack and brought her back to the Capital of Chang.

While journeying back, they would always stay together, deepening their relationship and feelings with each other.

She also found some strange habits of the little devil during the time of their journey.

In mealtime, he wants her to cook his food. If it was made by someone else, he would only took a bite and won't touch it soon after.

This goes on after some instances and in time she gave in. Feeling resigned to her fate, she would always makes his food to fill up his stomach. Because if she let it be, she won't be having a living groom but only his walking corpse!

She also noticed that he is very intimate when the two of them are being together.

He would always wants her to sit together with him in a horse ride and doing some sweet gestures that made her face beet red.

During nighttime, they would stay together in a same room and doing some things that children should not see.

Sometimes she would be pulled and hugged when she was only talking with his men. She was even kissed by him in front of them!

Feeling embarrassed and angry, she told him that he won't be touching her intimately until their wedding day or he'll be seeing her in other man's embrace.

After she said those words, he really did stopped but he would always looked at her with those wronged puppy eyes, making her want to take back those words.

No! He has to learned his lesson!

Steeling herself, she didn't let him touch her even after they arrived to the Capital of Chang.

Their entourage didn't went back to the Duke of Shao or Duke of Zhou, instead they went to one of those inns inside the Capital to stay there for one night. They arrived in the afternoon, making her and Xianfeng have some time to stroll into the streets.

While staying in a teahouse, she heard some news happening inside the Capital.

The Prince of Jing Third Prince Ji Zhonglei had married the Duke of Zhou's Fourth Young Miss Qing Lanbai in the day after the Fourth Young Miss' Coming of Age Ceremony.

She already expected this as she already knew how much time that the pedo-prince had waited for that little fruit to mature before plucking and relishing it.

I know what you're feeling in all these years, pedo-prince.

Looking at her little fruit beside her, she sighs in her heart.

She can't be like the Third Prince who has a thick face and strong gut. She has to wait for her little devil to mature more before eating him up.

Please grow faster my little fruit.

She also found out that the Prince of Runyang's Young Heir Yu Gaolei was accidentally fell from the horse, making him crippled for life.

There are some unfortunate accidents happened to some group of young masters too, like poisoned to death, killed in a robbery, died in a hunt, and the most weird thing is died in bed while doing it.

For the alliance between the two empires, it was tied in marriage between the Duke of Zhou's Sixth Young Miss Qing Linglou and the Ming Yue's Fifth Prince Li Gonglu.

She had already known about those news based on the original timeline she acquired after transmigrating. But the last news? She was shocked because she knew she should've been the one who'll be marrying to the other empire. Does she, running around the world, diverted the her supposed fate to the sixth young miss?

Well whatever. I feel sorry for her but it's much better than her original fate in that timeline.

In the original timeline, there's a ceremony where nobles had to pray for the rain to come.

That time, Qing Linglou smeared her body with an aphrodisiac and lit some incense with it too, trying to seduce her stepsister's ex-fiance. But she had failed in doing so as the one who had walk into Xu Rong's room was an innocent young monk.

She's lucky.