➳29

Were they rushing into things

"Are you sure about this?" Taeyong asked, standing behind you as you sat at Jeno's computer

You nodded and sent a reassuring smile.
"If you think Jeno was a whiz, you should see your gal right here."

"Here's an earpiece, you can hear everything and are you sure you can hack into surveillance cameras? You just have to be our eyes okay. Renjun and Zen will keep you company." Taeyong explained, going over it again.
"If it's too much, you can stop."
You swallowed the rising emotions and nodded.
"Just be safe." You told him, and he returned it with a smile and a ruffle of your hair.

Taeyong left the room, leaving you by yourself, staring at nothing in particular, mulling over what you could possibly be seeing in a while.
"Hey."
The voice broke you out of your trance and you sent a half hearted smile.
"Hey."

"Are you sure about this? You don't have to do it, I can take you home." He walked towards the desk, and eyed the earpiece on it.
"Don't worry too much, they'll be okay." He assured you, grabbing his face mask from his back pocket.

"They aren't the ones I'm worried about."

Mark couldn't take the intensity of your eyes filtering over him.
"Don't do that." His tone low.

"Do what?"

"Look at me like that."

"You're in the clear, I'm just trying to get access to them

"You're in the clear, I'm just trying to get access to them." You spoke into the earpiece, squinting at the screen.
You felt your hands over the desk, trying to retrieve your glasses to ease the strain on your eyes.

You looked at your own glasses then back at the screen, then back at the glasses.
"Are Jeno's glasses one of those high tech ones? You know he can see through walls and shit."

"Yeah, why?"

"I think I know how to find them."

"FUCK YEAH I GOT THEM!" You fist bumped the air, Renjun and Zen both jumped in surprise at your loud victory.
"I know you're happy but you kind of blew my eardrums out." Johnny voiced.

"Oh sorry my bad." You apologized, sitting down in the chair again, scanning the route for them to take.
"Okay keep going straight ahead then take a left at the little street next to the bench.

"It's too quiet here." Doyoung whispered, scanning the area, on edge.
"Let me check around."
You swiveled your chair to the other computer that was showing different camera views.
"I don't see anything..."

"Is it this street?" Taeyong asked to make sure.
"Yeah, you'll see a casino, that's where you gotta be careful."

"Shit stay where you are."
"Why?" Mark whispered, scanning the area from behind the wall.
"There are people...wait they're-"

"I see them." Johnny whisperer, aiming his gun at the direction of noise.
All the while, Mark and Taeyong walked with caution towards the door that lead them to the hostages boys.
"Is it clear?"

"Yeah the guard isn't there but still be careful. I can't see inside of the building, their walls are too strong."
You informed, trying to get past their coding.

"It's okay, we're nearly there."

Gunshots.
That's all you could hear, you sat on the edge of your seat on anticipation. Biting your nails and tapping your foot on the floor.
Please let them be okay

"They're behind this door." You heard Mark say.
"Help me open it."
Your guess was that Taeyong was accompanying him.
"You open the door and I'll cover you." The older boy said in a whisper.
Successfully, they opened the door and the gunshots ceased.

Only for one more to ring and a body to hit the floor.