moving day

You woke up with the warmth of the sun shining onto your face. As you regained your consciousness you felt an unfamiliar weight on your waist. You delicately lifted the sheets that covered you to see what it was and there was an arm draped around you. You turned your head to see Quackity sound asleep. You had never seen him be so peaceful til now, usually he was shouting and screaming but right now he looked so calm. Up until now you had never noticed how long and thick his eyelashes were. His eyebrows were perfectly shaped considering he had never done anything to them. You never realised how handsome he really was, you found it strange that it took sleeping next to him to realise that. If you weren't careful you knew you were going to catch feelings eventually if you stayed in this deal with him. However, you began to think it may be too late.

Just as you were admiring him, your phone vibrated and you quickly spun your head back around before he caught you staring at him. You picked up your phone and saw you had a couple texts from Zak.

9:03AM

FROM Zak

I told u that ur bad at seeing signs

congrats tho haha

'Oh no,' you thought, you had forgot to inform your closest friend about the whole fake relationship ordeal.

ZAK!!! im so sorry I didnt tell u earlier

its probably worth mentioning that its all
fake

fake?????????

yes, fake

remember I told u about my ex, callum?

well, he started spamming me once again
and alex offered to fake being my boyfriend
to get him to leave me alone

...and things just escalated from there

smart guy haha

well since u told me that... i need to
talk to u when u get back

what's happened?

nothing bad. just wanna speak to u :)

talk to u soon then :)

Just as you sent your last text to Zak, Alex woke up as if on cue. His arm shifted slightly against you whilst he was still waking up, he pulled you closer to him then you felt his breathing completely stop. He froze up for a couple seconds then he retracted his arm immediately back to his side and shuffled away from you. At this point you had quickly slipped your phone underneath your pillow and pretended to be asleep. You didn't want Alex to think you left his arm on your waist willingly. You were sure he wouldn't care but you wanted to make sure he didn't sense the teeny tiny feelings you may or may not have for him.

Alex was patiently waiting for you to 'wake up' since he couldn't leave his bed without having to literally jump over you since his bed was against the wall. You were expecting him to just shake you until you woke up but he was letting you rest. After a minute had passed you finally yawned, stretched, and did your best to fake waking up for the first time today. You turned over before opening your eyes and then slowly fluttered them open. Once again you were met with his dark, almond shaped eyes.

"Watching me sleep is creepy, y'know." You said as you turned around again and sat on the edge of the mattress, allowing him a way off of the bed. Before he could respond you turned around to face him suddenly.

"Oh my God today is the day you move in with me." You said wide eyed.

He sat up instantly, eyes wide too. "Our flight leaves in a few hours, we have to go."

Without another word you ran downstairs to the guest room where your suitcase lay and changed into a pair of leggings and an oversized t-shirt. You looked at yourself in the mirror, you thought that you looked like a mess but at least you were going to be comfortable for the flight.

You exited out of the room, dragging your suitcase behind you and saw that his parents were in the kitchen. You rushed over to them and gave them each a hug goodbye.

"(Y/N) before you go.." His mother started to say, she looked behind you into the hallway to make sure Alex wasn't nearby. "I've never seen Alexis so happy before now, you must be a very special girl. Please don't hurt my son."

"I won't." You assured her, then you looked over to Alex's dad. "I promise you, I won't hurt him." It wasn't lying, was it? It was impossible to hurt him if he didn't have feelings for you to begin with. If anything, he was going to hurt you once he finally found someone to break the deal with.

During this moment you heard Alex coming down the stairs and run to his parents, giving them the biggest hug he probably ever gave them.

"Adios ma, adios pa, los amo a los dos."

"Adios Alexis." They both said as they hugged him back.

This was such a heartwarming sight to see, it was sweet to see how close he is with his family. Something you didn't have anymore.

"Come here." His father extended his arm to you, letting you in. "If you're part of Alexis' life, you're part of this family now too."

You felt bad for leading his family on but this moment was worth it, this was the closest you had been to feeling love in a long time. You ended up getting pulled into the family hug and it filled you with love and warmth. Maybe this whole fake relationship thing wasn't going to be so bad after all.