t w e n t y f o u r

16 MAY 2034

16 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  1

"jeongguk, are you okay?" taehyung called out as he pressed his ear against the door and his eyes widened as the sound of jeongguk throwing up reached his ears. "jeongguk, i'm coming in."

"hey, what's wrong?" taehyung remarked softly and he settled down beside jeongguk as he rubbed circles on the younger's back. jeongguk's back hunched once more as he continued to empty the contents of his stomach. once he was done he stood up, his knees buckling as he walked out of the bathroom before washing up with taehyung's help.

the next few minutes consisted of namjoon examining jeongguk thoroughly as the younger sat with a thermometer stuck to his mouth. namjoon sighed before glancing at jeongguk with a side smile (which he hadn't done in quite a while now).

"there's nothing to worry, it's just a stomach bug." he said, tickling jeongguk's sides as the latter giggled lightly. "be careful about what you eat from now on, dork."

jeongguk nodded before running off back to his room but namjoon drew him back by grabbing his collar, holding him in place.

"okay, team gather around, i have something important to tell you."

the boys soon gathered around the table and namjoon was once again, the head of the table. he pulled out a crumpled piece of paper before laying it flat on the surface of the wooden table. he ran his palm over it as if it to uncrease the material before glancing at every member around the room.

"i found this, this morning, next to my pillow."

hoseok took the paper in his hands and turned it over and sure enough, a series of lines and dots illustrated glared back at him almost as if the code itself was tormenting him.

-... . .- ..- - .. ..-. ..- .-..

.... .- -. -.. ...

.-.. --- ...- . .-.

after all, the very reason behind hoseok's worsening sleep anxiety was the ROSE and it chilled him to the bone as he realized that his worst nightmares were slowly but surely becoming reality.

he shook his head to discard his train of thoughts as he focused on what namjoon was saying.

"—how it got there? i don't know but let's not talk about that cause we all know the ROSE is crazy," he said in a hushed whisper. "anyways, i did some more research and found that the ROSE has more strengths that we can think of. it's coming up with new ideas right now, at this very moment. apparently they can control minds too, so it can end us all in a blink of an eye.

so always be on guard, keep one eye open when you sleep and most importantly-- trust each other, cause that's all we got right now."