t w e n t y f i v e

16 MAY 2034

16 MAY 2034

◣ C A M E R A  1

sometime during the night jeongguk threw up once more, hoseok unraveled the code and yoongi sat by the kitchen island sipping on some red wine.

yoongi sat with his finger brushing against the rim of the wine glass, his mind averted elsewhere as he inattentively toyed with the ring on his middle finger. as the realization dawned on him, he was tempted to throw the ring against the wall and so, he did.

he let out a grunt as the ring bounced off the wall, landing a few feet away from him. he glared down at it for a few seconds, that's when the emotions hit.

he grabbed a fist of his hair as he whimpered in pain. not at how the hair tugged at it scalp but at all the anguishing reminiscences that started to emerge from the core of his heart.

the surface of the kitchen island was met with a mixture of salt and sadness in the next few seconds as yoongi wiped away any trace of moisture from beneath his eyes, hastily.

"thank you for giving me a second chance, jimin." he whispered to the moonless night. yoongi got up from his seat as he scrambled to go back to jeongguk's room, which he shared for the time being.

"this is yours?" a voice spoke and echoed around the dimly lit room and yoongi turned slowly towards the direction. taehyung stood with his eyes set on the ring which he picked up while yoongi was distracted a while ago. yoongi nodded, slowly, as he approached the former.

"funny, jimin had the same exact one." taehyung said as he chuckled darkly.

his irises, now dilated with anger focused steadily on yoongi whose eyes remained fixated on his with no emotion whatsoever. taehyung's actions slowed down as he carefully placed the ring on the tabletop before approaching the older.

"if you had thought for a fucking second, jimin would have still been here." taehyung said making yoongi's eyes harden and a small gasp escaped his wine stained lips. taehyung took the opportunity to overpower yoongi as he stepped closer. "you waited for a second to get me out of the picture so you could fuck jimin, didn't you? so you can have him again?"

yoongi remained with his mouth closed as he stared at taehyung through his lashes. taehyung made a sound in the back of his throat as his eyes started to water.

"and i hate to say this but jimin loved you."

yoongi's eyes widened.

"and here i thought he loved me, more or less, cared about me." taehyung forced out a sarcastic chuckle. "i guess i was wrong all this tim—

"don't you dare, don't you fucking finish that sentence—" yoongi said as he grabbed a fistful of taehyung's shirt, grabbing a hold of him. he stared hard into taehyung's irises with his eyes burning with anger. "jimin cared about you so much. he must have loved me but he loved you too, he loves you, don't ever take that for granted."

he said and taehyung's eyes welled up with tears once more so yoongi let go of him as he strolled back to his room, leaving taehyung to fall to the ground, his back hunching as he cried.

after a while, the night returned back to normal if not for the series of peculiar events that took place in the middle of the night.

the members slept soundlessly through the night, but when they woke up,

one more flower had withered.