Chapter 3|Rachel

The moment he started the car, I grabbed my phone.

"What the hell are you doin'? Tina asked frustrated.

"Taking a photo of this guy's license plate. I need to fix my wrong." I said tried to sound casual.

"Oh, please don't bullshit me. You wanna know who he is." She stated, looking straight into my eyes. 

Like I said open book.

"Ok, that too." I said and started the car."You shit your pants, didn't you?"

"Firstly, I always knew you will be the death of me, so excuse me if I'm a little skittish when you play my life on the line. And secondly, don't try to change the subject, missy." I laughed and carefully this time got on the highway paying attention to all the signs on the road.

"Seriously who is that guy? You know him?" curiosity has taken over me. He had something, I don't know what exactly, but he felt intriguing.

"Have you even seen me talking to any losers, like him? Of course I don't know him." she said irritated. "How are you not mad at him? He insulted you more than once and you kept laughing."

"He did, didn't he?" I laughed.

"Um, yeah he did. And you are still laughing. Did the screws in your head loosened up?"

"They were never screwed that tightly in the first place, so let's get past that. You see, no one has ever talked to me like that," mesmerized, I replayed the scene in my mind.

Invest it in some more plastic surgeries.

I laughed again out loud.

"Okay, did you hit your head during the crash? Do I need to check you in a hospital?" Tina looked at me like I'm an alien, with a bit of worry forming in her eyes.

I shook my head.

"No, no I'm fine. I'm just... Curious. Yeah, let's go with that." I nodded with approval at myself for the choice of words.

"Are you seriously obsessing over a loser? He seemed like the king of nerds, probably living in his mama's basement amongst his comic books and a hidden stash of playboys to get him off." She said maliciously. Almost spitting every word. 

That guy hit a nerve while he talked about throwing up in bathrooms.

 Truth is Tina did that years ago and it was the most haunted period of her life. Mine too. But we, together, got past that. She is good now. The memories though, are still there.

"He didn't strike me as a nerd," I formed his appearance in my mind's eye once again.

"He wore dorky ass glasses and a stupid T-shirt with the damn Avengers, for crying out loud." She yelled at me frustrated.

"When you look that good as him, you do it ironically." I smiled.

"He didn't look good." She said defensively, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh, please." I rolled my eyes at her. 

Of course he looked good. 

He tried to cover that, but his piercing green eyes shined lividly even behind his ugly glasses, and his biceps were bulging under that lame T-shirt the moment he crossed his arms. What did the trick for me though, was the moment he turned around and I took a good look at his back. Damn! 

I am a sucker when it comes to V shaped backs. And that butt oh, mama!

I bit my bottom lip thinking of that.

"Oh my God, you liked him," shock was painted at her face as she yelled at me.

"I did." I admitted, nodding my head.

 If there was a sound when someone rolled his eyes, I would be deaf right now. I literally saw her irises vanish inside her head, before coming back again.

I parked in front of our favorite sushi restaurant and looked at her.

"How about we get some sushi for now and I promise, I'll let you be judgy and condescending as long as you like afterwards."

She uncrossed her legs and got out of the car, still looking mad and annoyed.

"You're buying. And after that, we are booking an appointment in a mental clinic just to make sure you're sane." Laughing, I grabbed my purse and got out of the car.

"You got yourself a deal."