chapter 78

78. A Method to Change Shape

The little snake slowly climbed out of the eggshell; the eggshell swayed and then overturned. He tumbled over before Shu Shu and then flicked his snake tongue out in Shu Shu’s direction again.

Shu Shu had a feeling of wanting to cry yet having no tears.

As an old hamster who had lived for a few hundred years, he always wanted children. But, what he wanted were soft, warm little hamsters and absolutely not icy cold snakes.

Moreover, his newborn son was already as thick as a beastman’s thumb. With this size, he now could already swallow Shu Shu’s original form in one gulp!

The little snake was not able to talk and just crawled toward Shu Shu. Shu Shu, watching the snake, suddenly recalled the time when he was on earth and a certain owner of his had read all kinds of educational books.

That female owner of his had a child, and she paid attention to parenting articles all day long. In the end, he also read them. Basically, all parenting required the parents to love their children and not to ignore them.

Even if this was a snake, it was also his own child. If he ignored him, he would surely feel deeply hurt!

If the child felt deeply hurt, he would have a psychological shadow. And if he had a psychological shadow, he might have problems . . . .

Shu Shu gritted his teeth and extended his hand toward the little snake. At the same time, he mentally brainwashed himself, "This isn’t a snake. This isn’t a snake. This isn’t a snake but a noble mythological animal with dragon bloodline who’s incomparably powerful and can call the wind and summon the rain and definitely don’t eat hamsters!"

Thinking so, Shu Shu's expression finally became a little natural, and he showed a smile to the little snake.

The little snake was completely unaware of the mixed up feelings about him in Shu Shu’s heart. He felt very familiar with Shu Shu, and when he saw Shu Shu extending a hand, he coiled around Shu Shu’s hand and clambered up along Shu Shu’s arm.

The slippery snake scales felt so terrible coming across Shu Shu’s skin. He felt like he had to restrain himself from having goose bumps and flinging the snake away. Still, this was his own child! Shu Shu endured.

Eyes closed, Shu Shu also got a sniff of the little snake’s scent and kiss him on the head. As a result, he had just finished this action and was at once scared stiff by the feel of a snake tongue touching his nose.

Fortunately, he did not need to stay stiff for too long because the little snake was quickly swept away by Edgar’s tail.

The child in his hands was suddenly carried away. Shu Shu promptly opened his eyes and saw Edgar’s tail sweep the little snake up, and at this moment, the little snake had already coiled his own body around Edgar’s tail. Shu Shu breathed a sigh of relief and yet was still a bit uneasy, "Edgar, be careful! Don't hurt the child!" Edgar’s strength was so big; it was unknown whether the newborn little snake would get hurt by him or not.

This was a beastman, not a sub-beastman baby. What were you worried about?! Shu Shu was still afraid of him, but he actually went and kissed this child’s snake form. It was simply unbearable! Edgar’s heart was gloomy, and his tail loosened, not coiling around his own child. The little snake was unconcerned though. He crawled along Edgar's body and went to Edgar's head—he was also very familiar with Edgar’s scent and knew that this too was one of his closest people.

Edgar had been very indulgent toward the egg, but now that it was a little beastman . . . . He, automatically, was going to use his tail to pull the little snake down from his body—only his own sub-beastman or his own little sub-beastman child was allowed to ride roughshod over his body; others had better forget about it.

"That’s it! Edgar, you must accompany him well and hug him often." Shu Shu stated when Edgar was going to throw the child away.

Edgar's tail stiffened in midair while Shu Shu spoke again, "You must make the child feel that their parents love him, that parents will never harm their children and must care about and cherish their children . . . ." He talked and talked, spitting out all the theories he had read in unceasing torrent.

When the child just came out, it was the best time to make him feel safe and content. Shu Shu was a little afraid that he would not be able to take care of the child and let the child down, so Edgar definitely had to treat the child better!

What Shu Shu said should be the ways to take care of a sub-beastman baby, right? Edgar felt a bit strange, but since it was his sub-beastman’s say-so, he naturally couldn't refute.

Moreover, it was better to let the little snake stick to himself than to let the little snake stick to his own sub-beastman.

Edgar put up with the little snake, letting him climb onto his head, and then he stared at Shu Shu while carrying the little snake on his head . . . .

Being stared at by two predators should make people feel very scared, yet being stared like this by a big snake and a little snake in front of him seemed to make him feel that it was a little cute?

Shu Shu, looking at these two snakes, suddenly had an urge to take pictures.

The fallen beasts also began to communicate with each other using the beast language.

"What a cute little snake. He looks exactly the same as his father. If I have a child, he must look like me too. At that time, I’ll carry him on the top of my head and take him to go playing."

"I don't want a little beastman; I want a sub-beastman baby. Soft sub-beastman’s the cutest."

"I don't want to have children. You who have children, give them to me to play with!"

"Get lost! As if I’ll give you!

"I already have four children before I came here . . . . I miss them very much.”

. . . . . .