thirty seven

Eve's POV

Memories from what happened a few days ago play in my mind when I'm riding the elevator up to Harry's floor, most of my time after school these days were being spent in his office seeing as we hardly get to see each other any time else.

It's the first time I've been back to his building ever since what took place the last time I visited, and my increased heart rate paired with the uncontrollable fluttering in my stomach is making the thin material of my school blouse seem far too restricting against my surely flushed skin.

Harry had texted me earlier informing me that he had scheduled me an appointment to see him at 4pm. I felt a surge of accomplishment run through me at his gesture, considering it was apparently near impossible to make an appointment to see Harry without waiting weeks.

As soon as the elevator doors slid open, Lauren spots me, a smirk plastering itself all over her face. I feel my cheeks burn at her knowing look, because it's obvious that she's worked out that something is going on between Harry and I. I don't really mind her knowing in all honesty, she doesn't seem like the kind of person who would run off to the media and leak our current situation.

"Good afternoon and welcome to Griffin Incorporated," Lauren rehearses, a hint of amusement evident in her tone, "How may I help you?"

"My name is Eve Hunter," I decide to play along, trying to put on my best formal voice, "I have an appointment to see Mr. Styles at 4 o'clock."

"Ah, yes," she exclaims, finding my name on his calendar, "I'll just let him know you've arrived."

We both laugh under our breathes whilst she calls Harry, wide smiles erupting on our faces at what just happened. It wasn't even that funny to be honest, but I can't help laughing once she starts giggling, both of us grinning at our playful banter.

"I don't mean to pry," she starts, and my heart leaps forward at what she's about to ask, "But... Is something going on between you and Harry? You totally don't have to answer that, but like, on Monday you never left his office, even when he had his meetin-"

"Yeah, we are together," I cut her off mid sentence, hoping that Harry wouldn't mind if I told her. It's not like she didn't know, it was obvious that she did and was just looking for some type of confirmation. We had been careless and unfortunately someone had found out, but I'm glad it was Lauren who did.

She squeals, like full on squeals as the words leave my mouth. "That's so lovely! I'm so happy for you two!"

I smile at her approval, a little shocked at how she didn't react at all about our age difference. Harry made it out to seem like people would be horrified by the age gap when they knew we were together, but Lauren didn't seem bothered at all by the fact.

I decided to shrug it off, leaving her in excitement about the news I just shared before knocking on Harry's office door and walking through. Harry stood in front of the glass wall over looking the city, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his slacks and his shoulders pushed back as he glanced out at the cityscape. His tailored suit jacket was pulled tightly over the broad of his back, hugging every inch of his slim body, and my stomach clenched at the exquisite view in front of me.

He turned around swiftly, his eyes sparkling with delight once they landed on me. His dimple dented next to his lips, and the sunlight streaming through the window cast shadows of his eyelashes across his cheeks; he looked beautiful.

"Miss Hunter, right on time," he says, walking back to his desk to sit in his chair, "Please, take a seat."

"What's this about?" I eye him suspiciously, dropping myself in one of the arm chairs in front of his desk. His hands lock together tightly in front of his face, elbows planted on the surface of his desk as he looks at me with mischievous eyes. I have no idea what he's trying to do, but it's killing me to find out.