Free time

"Nagito...?" She called out and bit her lip uncertainty. She had no idea where he went. She took one last look at her atrocious classmates and headed off her cabin to relieve some stress.

Wait. No. What am I thinking? ...where is Nagito?

Quote on quote "relieve some stress" meaning she had to find Nagito to make sure he was safe. As she slowly looked around the island, she sighed, her heart pounded out of her chest, her breaths heavy. She didn't have much on her mind, but there was one thing.

Why did she care for that damn boy so much..

She suddenly stopped and bit her thumb out of nowhere. "You know what...I should go back to my cabin...I can't be looking for him...? I just met him A day ago! Why do I care so much!" She whispered, hesitantly storming off to her cabin in between sudden pauses.

When the cabin came into view, she looked at hers and began fumbling around in her pocket for her E-handbook when all of a sudden, there was a loud shutting sound, and Y/N looked up to see where it was coming from.

Of course, Nagito's cabin. Y/N kicked herself in the leg before sucking it up and hesitantly walking to his cottage. She exhaled before knocking on the door, followed by a quiet, "Nagito? You in there?"

No response.

"Nagito...?"

Silence.

"Komaeda...?"

Still, no answer.

Y/N sighed and shoved her hands into her pocket. She was still worried about what the sound was, but she figured it was Monokuma or something.  "He might be down by the beach...that's the only place I haven't looked.

Time skip

Y/N clung herself to one of the palm trees, biting her lip in anticipation. He was there of course, nagito stood in the sand while watching the waves crash down onto the shore. The wind blows softly, making his hair sway in the wind. Nagito turned around nonchalantly to see Y/N there, noticing he saw her. "I was hoping you would come see me." He sat down on the sand, gently patting the spot next to him with a smile. Scanning the shoreline, making sure there was no one else, Y/N headed down to sit beside him. They both looked up at the sky together.

"Byakuya is very reliable, as expected of the Ultimate Affluent Progeny." He said listlessly before turning his head to Y/N. "With everyone working together under such a splendid leader, we'll be able to overcome any Despair!"

A small smile formed on my face as I looked down and shoved my hands into my pockets. They both sat there in complete silence for a moment when Y/N threw her arms into the arm and crashed down on her back, stretching out onto the sand. Nagito perked up and did the same, looking at Her and smiling calmly.

"Um..." She mumbled.

"Sorry...!" He hurriedly said, his smile vanishing. "N-No, it's not that...I want to give you something." Y/N muttered, shoving the item she had found on the beach earlier. Nagito stared at it in silence, no expression clear on his face. Did he hate it...?

"Your giving me this...?" He tilted his head up and looked At Y/N, his eyes slowly seeming to tear every last bit of her breath out of her. She nodded hesitantly.

rolled onto his side, appearing closer, and closer, the distance shortening between them until they were face to face. Y/N felt her face became hot when he paused.

"Um...Y/N...I don't know how to say this but...this is the first time I've ever received a gift that made me this happy...thank you." He smiled and suddenly backed away to a reasonably far distance, the item Y/N gave him, he was clutching to his chest.