➳36

In the end, they grew together

38k already wtffff

The ringing of your phone made you flinch, bringing you from your sleep

You blindly felt the covers of your bed, trying to find your phone.
Finally, you grabbed it and squinted at the light.

"Hello?" Your voice groggy and sleep ridden.
"Hey, um I'm outside your house."
You hummed, half asleep
"..wait what?"
"Open the door I'm freezing."

"Sorry for waking you up." Mark apologized, scanning your tired form, a smile tugged on his lips.
"It's okay, what's up?" You yawned, stretching your arms.
"I couldn't sleep." He admitted sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.
"I actually haven't been able to get to sleep after the incident.

At the confession, your heart broke and you could see how tired he looked.
Debating with yourself for a split second, you grabbed his hand and led him upstairs.

"You really had to come here at 3am huh? It's cold outside and you don't even have a coat on idiot." You threw your slippers off, climbing back into bed, getting yourself comfortable.

Mark was standing in the middle of the room, unsure of what to do.
"Well? Are you just going to stare all day?" You retorted, pulling the duvet back for him to get into the bed.
Fighting a smile, he kicked his shoes off and encased himself into the warmth of your bed.

"You're such a pain sometimes." You sighed, yet he knew you were smiling.
Mark turned around, so he was now facing you.
"Sorry." He smiled.
"My bed was cold."

You narrowed your eyes at him and kicked his leg.
"Ouch, why would you hit someone who is injured?"

"Your injury can't be that bad if you're over here flirting." You rolled your eyes.

"Do you think I've qualified as a pro flirter?"

"Definitely not."

The conversation lulled to a close and Mark hesitantly shuffled closer to you, feeling the warmth of your body heat radiating onto him.
"Goodnight." You said half asleep, sliding an arm across his torso, careful not to touch his wound.

"Goodnight." He whispered, brushing the hair out of you face before following you into dream land

" He whispered, brushing the hair out of you face before following you into dream land

The character development is quaking