earned it pt.1 | nozel silva x wife!reader

Author's Note:

Back at it again with the Nozel oneshots. ;)

"You make it look like it's magic. 'Cause I see nobody, nobody but you, you, you."

"Girl, you earned it."

Enjoy.

(Y/n) = Your Name

(Y/n) = Your Name

(G/n) = Guy's Name

(f/s) = Favorite Scent

Five months ago, (Y/n) Silva set out on a mission. The mission required her to gather intel and use that information to the kingdom's advantage. She was warned that the mission may take up to a year. Regardless of this major setback, she accepted the mission without question. Her husband, however, was not so accepting. Despite his independence and authority, Nozel knew that deep down inside, he'd fall apart without his other half. She completes him in every way. So when (Y/n) informed him of this extended mission, he did everything in his power to stop her. Was it enough? No, not at all. Once (Y/n) sets her mind on something, there's no coming back.

It hasn't even been half a year yet, and Nozel was already losing his composure. He needed her back.

Nozel's Point of View:

Today marks the fifth month since (Y/n) left for her mission. I can't help but wonder what she's doing at the moment. Is she eating? Sleeping? Working? Traveling? Her absence is killing me inside. I've tried my best to surround myself in paperwork as a distraction. But nothing ever works.

I'm currently reviewing the report of a recent crime when there's a knock at my office door.

"Come in."

The door opens to reveal Nebra and Solid. This causes me to let out a tired sigh.

"What do you want? I don't have all day," I hiss.

They look to each other with nervous expressions before Nebra finally breaks the silence.

"Well brother...um...you see, the group (Y/n) set out on her mission with has returned...."

I nod, wanting her to continue.

"But (Y/n)'s not with them. One of the mages are claiming that she stayed behind on purpose," she explains.

What?

"So what you're saying is that (Y/n) could've returned with her group, but instead, stayed behind by choice?" I rub my temple, trying to process this information.

"Y-yes," Solid confirms.

"The mission is complete though, yes?"

"Correct."