Climbing Through Vents and Punching Walls as a Coping Mechanism

Songs to listen to later on in this chapter:
1.Creep- Radiohead
2.Hold Your Breath- Chase Atlantic
3.You Were Good To Me- Jeremy Zucker
4.Green- Cavetown
5.Can We Kiss Forever- Kina
6.Big Jet Plane- Angus and Julia Stone

*Asher's pov*

When I got to school, it was still pretty early. I took the note out of my pocket and unfolded it to read it again.

Dearest Asher,

       I was really thinking about what you said yesterday and I think I came up with a good idea. Remember Caleb? Well remember how he tried to go out with Sheyla but they just tragically hated each other? Well that's kinda good for me because I think he might like me a little. Who knows? Anyways, I was thinking: I don't want to let what happened with my mom and dad get in the way of any relationships I might have. And Caleb is nice so I'll give it a go. Thanks for the advice! I never could've done this without you!

Love,
Hazel

I grunted in frustration and set off to begin my quest at stopping this horrible act.

How could someone so smart be so stupid??

I was about to walk into the school building when I was stopped by someone tackling me to the ground.

"Where's the weed?! I could smell it on you from a mile away! You're going to juvie, buddy!" He said as he hovered over me and held my arms behind my back.

"Now's not the time Connor! God, get off of me! You're annoying!" I yelled, craning my neck to see all of my friends standing by, letting this happen. I lost all trust for them.

Once I was finally able to push Connor off of me and get up, I wiped off the snow from my hoodie and shook it off of my hair. Surprisingly, the snow hadn't been too crazy here this winter. The snow was maybe three or four inches, but I was sure that'd change.

I was about to run off when Eli grabbed my hood and yanked me back. "Where are you going, dude?"

I said the exact same thing I said to my mom. "Sorrymomcan'ttalknowigottasavehazelfromdoingsomethingstupidandmyadrenalineistoohighforfoodrightnowbuti'msurethosepancakestastegreat!"

Before I left for good, I heard my friends confused mutters.

"Did he call me Mom?"

"What pancakes?"

"How can you decline free food like that?"

I was roaming through the halls when I suddenly spotted Hazel turn around a corner. I ran to follow after her but I guess I was running too fast because I bumped into someone.

"Ah, I'm so sorry!" I said as I bent down to help them pick up their binder. The papers were all scattered across the floor and I raced to get them all back in.

"It's really no problem, but thank you!" The girl said. I recognized that voice. I looked up and saw that it was Anikah, Hazel's friend.

"Oh! Hey, Anikah."

She looked up from picking up the papers and her mouth made an 'o' shape. "Oh, hi Asher. Haven't seen you in a hot minute. How are you doing with Hazel?"

"Um, I'm actually looking for her right now. I need to talk to her." I said, looking over her shoulder.

She jabbed her thumb behind her. "I was just with her. She said she needed to go to the library for something important but wouldn't tell me what it was." She shrugged.