Allie

"Honey," Spencer says softly, accompanied by a tiny clinking sound. "I brought you up some coffee. I'll just set it on the nightstand, okay?"

I nod, but stay quiet, pulling the blanket up further.

Spencer walks over to his side of the bed and sets a coffee cup on his nightstand before climbing under the covers with me.

"Do you want me to make you something for breakfast? I can make eggs, eggs, eggs... or even eggs," He jokes, a tiny smile sitting on his lips.

I appreciate his efforts in trying to make me smile, but it's not working. Somehow, dealing with losing Josh is harder with Spencer around than it was while he was at work. Maybe it's because he tries to get me to get up and tries to make me laugh. When I'm by myself, that's not a problem.

I shake my head, not making eye contact with him.

"You haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon, so... please eat something soon. Will you do that for me?" Spencer rests his hand on my face, using his thumb to rub my cheek.

I nod at him, staring straight ahead at nothing in particular.

"Can I brush your hair today?" He asks me for the third day in a row. "And maybe you can take a shower? Or I can draw you a bubble bath?"

I look up at him when he says 'bubble bath'. A bubble bath sounds really nice.

"Can we take a bath together?" I ask him quietly.

A smile takes over his lips. "Sure. Sure, we can do that."

I know why he's happy. That's the first thing I've said out loud since Friday when he got home.

"I'm gonna set everything out and grab the brush to brush out your hair, okay? I'll be right back," He presses a kiss to my forehead before getting out of bed.

I make myself sit up and look around. The curtains are pulled open, the sky outside our window is a lovely blue color. Fluffy white clouds are painted across the blue.

"Alright, let's start on your hair," Spencer says as he comes out of the bathroom. "If you scoot up a little bit, I can sit behind you."

I do as he suggests and scoot forward, letting him sit behind me.

He starts to run the brush through my hair and it gets caught, tugging on the hair and making me wince a tiny bit.

"I'm sorry," He apologizes. "There's a lot of kinks, but I'll do my best to be gentle."

I can't help but to laugh, but I try to keep quiet.

"Are you... are you laughing?" He asks me, resting his hands on my shoulders. "I can't see your face, so I can't tell if you're laughing or crying. You're just... bouncing."

I twist around to look at him, a smile sitting on my lips. "I love you so much," I tell him before turning around completely and wrapping my arms around him.

"I love you, Allie. What are you laughing at?"

I repeat what he said back to him about 'kinks' and being gentle.

He laughs. "Oh, of course you'd take it in an inappropriate way."

He brushes my hair out as gently as he can and then he starts the bath up. When it's done filling up, he gets in first and I sit in front of him, leaning back and resting my head on his chest.

"How would you feel about going out tonight?" He asks me after a few minutes of silence.

"Where do you wanna go?" I ask back.