VIII

"It's raining" Hoseok breathed, letting out a warm breath of air as he stepped out from the sliding glass doors of the hospital

"It's raining" Hoseok breathed, letting out a warm breath of air as he stepped out from the sliding glass doors of the hospital. The grey clouds had given way to the rain, the road becoming alive with more splashes then his eyes could appreciate. Yet together they brought such a soothing sound, a natural melody every bit as beautiful as a soulful hum. It had only been a few short minutes since Hoseok was given the all clear from the hospital staff. His vitals were back up to speed and he'd recovered smoother then he thought he would've. 

Stepping out beside him, Yoongi's eyes turned to the rain past the cover of the awning, "So?" he spat, brows furrowing together at Hoseok's sluggish tone of voice.

Rolling his eyes, Hoseok turned to the shorter male, "We don't have umbrellas." 

Letting out a chuckle, Aurora too stepped out from the sliding glass doors, reaching Hoseok's side, "A little rain never hurt." she spoke, eyes falling to the rain outside. The water droplets fell like they simply couldn't think of anything better to do. There was a laziness about them, as if they could barely be bothered to conform to the will of gravity. With a smile, Aurora held her bare arm out past the cover of the front of the hospital. The droplets splattered onto her outstretched fingers, large and soft as they rolled down her arm like tiny rivers. The sweet smell of petrichor that came with the rain was her favourite. 

Watching Aurora's willingness to step out from the hospital, Hoseok let out a tired sigh, "Whatever you say." he spoke, following Yoongi and Aurora as they stepped out from the cover. With a cold chill Hoseok felt each splash that touched his skin, watching as his grey t-shirt became a deeper and more rocky hue. It was as if earlier the street had been a matt photograph, only to be washed as glossy as any magazine page. 

Hoseok was suppressing his shivers as he grew colder. Ironic that the barer of energy didn't radiate heat in the cold, more so lost it instead. 

Boots splashing against the growing puddles against the footpath, Hoseok was growing tired of the effects of the rain. Although still early morning, the street lights had flickered on, illuminating the hazy grey atmosphere. "Where are we going anyway?" Hoseok asked, raising a hand as he swept his damp hair from his eyes. 

Eyes widening in realisation, Aurora turned her attention to the orange haired male beside her, "Back to a hotel room Yoongi and I are renting out." She began to explain. She was honestly surprised Hoseok was so willing to follow along with their unsteady plan. They had very little believable information, and dangerous foes, but Hoseok was still quick to jump at the idea of saving the universe. Feeling dreadful, Aurora's gaze fell to the rain-washed footpath, "Sorry to say, but we won't be able to afford it much longer."

Turning his gaze to the raven haired female, Hoseok frowned, "How come?"

Biting down on her lower lip, Aurora gestured towards the male beside her, "We're college students." she explained, earning a nod from Yoongi, small trickles of water drizzling from his hair and down his porcelain skin.