23

It is a Sunday morning and Yeonjun doesn't want to get out of bed but he doesn't want to die out of hunger either. With a heavy heart, he sat up and let go of his very much comfortable mattress and groan. He contemplates for a little while if exerting energy to climb down the stairs to eat would be worth it but his mind doesn't fail to scold him for doubting the worth of food.

Finally resolving his issue, Yeonjun got his phone and left his room without even bothering to fix his bed because it's bound to get messy again anyway so what's the point?

With that very well thought philosophy, the brown haired male reached the kitchen at last and found Soobin at the dining area, lazily eating whatever it is on his bowl.

Yeonjun entered the kitchen aisle, looking around for something to eat when Soobin raised his head up and spotted him. They just stared at each other with a poker face for a few seconds until Soobin invited him over.

“Do you want some?”

Yeonjun blinked at that unexpected question but walked over nonetheless, “sure.”

He sat down across the raven haired boy and was actually looking forward to what Soobin prepared for breakfast but it was quickly replaced with disappointment and that look you make when you want to say "are you kidding me?" without actually saying it.

“Cereals? Really?”

Soobin just looked at him with uninterested eyes and continued eating. “If you don't want it, don't eat it. Simple.”

The unamused elder clicked his tongue at him but proceeded to pour cereals on his bowl, anyway.

“At least give me some milk.”

The two ate in silence. Oddly enough, they managed to do something together without bickering or throwing subtle insults to one another. They're just there, sitting and eating like the civilized people they are. And to their surprise, the silence isn't really awkward. In fact, it is an okay kind of silence appreciated by them both. Maybe it's because they're starting to get used with the other's presence. And it's nice to not always be arguing. They both need a break.

It stayed quiet for a little while until Soobin's phone decided to ruin it. He picked it up without any sign of care and played with the now soggy cereals left on his bowl. Yeonjun gazed at him for a second then went back to his cereal, ignoring him.

“Yeah?” Soobin said, his tone void of any interest. “Oh, okay.”

“No, it's fine. It favours me actually.”
“Uh-huh.”
“Sure.”
“Alright.”
“Yeah, bye.”

He then put his phone down together with the spoon and rested his face on his palm with his elbow propped on the table.

“Wow. That was a really cheerful conversation.” Yeonjun just had to point it out. He can't control his sarcasm even if he tries, okay? Don't blame him.

“I know. Was feeling enthusiastic today.”

Soobin retorted back, standing up to place his bowl and glass on the sink but was stopped when Yeonjun let out a giggle. He raised a questioning eyebrow at the elder but frowned when he giggled even more.

“What's so funny?”

He didn't realized he said that out loud until he heard Yeonjun speaking.

“Nothing– it's just– you always does that.” Yeonjun tried to explain in between laughter and pointed at the confused male's face.

“Does what?” Soobin placed his bowl and glass down on the sink and washed his hands.