I | Essence Of A Change

I

E s s e n c e O f A C h a n g e

_\\\\_

??? p. o. v

Nothing was shared between us. Just silence along with the faint sound of the cold breeze brushing past us as we ran.

Giyū and I never talk much anyway. We found that silence was the most fitting conversation between us both. Well, we were both currently in a hurry. The scent of a demon under my nose only grew stronger as we left several footprints amongst the snow. Along with my sharp eyes behind my fox mask, I saw a boy struggling against a demon girl, both crying.

She's attacking yet she weeps... My eyes narrowed, I'm receiving a strange feeling about this particular demon...

I slowed down as Giyū took the first hit behind the demon girl. Well, tried to anyway. The boy pressed against the snow rolled over so he wouldn't let Giyū hurt the demon girl. I could only raise a brow as I observed the situation.

A human protecting a demon?... How unheard of... But then again, even I'm acquainted with a few demons myself...

"What are you doing? Do you know what you're protecting? That's a demon!" Giyū told the boy. I jumped over to a tree branch, continuing to watch over them, unnoticed by the boy and the demon girl.

"This is my younger sister! Nezuko!" The boy answered, refraining the demon girl named Nezuko from running away.

Giyū raised a brow, "You call that thing your sister?" Then moved forward, the boy ducked to protect his sister but felt nothing under him. He looked around to see Giyū a few meters away, restraining Nezuko's wrists with one hand, his sword held in the other.

"Nezuko!" He stood up.

"Don't move!" Giyū warned him, "My job is to slay demons. Needless to say, I'm going to decapitate your sister."

"Hold on! Nezuko hasn't killed anyone! Back at home, I smelled another scent I've never smelled before! That's probably the one who slaughtered my family!" The boy defended his sister.

I continued to watch the exchange between Giyū and the boy. My eyes twinkled as I saw the boy's plan revealed in the end as he laid on the snow, unconscious. The hatchet almost catching Giyū off guard. I smirked then descended down, almost shocked as I saw Nezuko protecting her brother rather than devouring him.