42. Advice

promised y'all an update so here

Sade (Adonis' mother) »

"I've been married for 5 years almost. When I adopted Farrah and my son they were very young. For the first few years I was with my ex husband...but he did some unspeakable...things. So he's out of my life and theirs." Taylor, Farrah's mother told me.

She'd been here for longer than expected, but I didn't care. It was nice to talk to someone my age with my experiences.

"Wow, I know exactly how you feel. Going through a divorce was especially hard for me, already having a traumatized child and then having to change his life even more."

"It's like we have the same life, Sade." Taylor gasped.

"You went through the same thing? Gosh it's hard. I tried to be there for Adonis the best way I could. I think I went about it in the wrong way though...thankfully, your daughter is seeming to help him feel better about himself."

"They are so great for each other. Usually I don't like Farrah having boyfriends...but your son, he's amazing."

-

Adonis »

When it began to get late, Farrah and her mom went home. After all, we did have school in the morning.

The second they left, my mom came up in my room.

"That was fun, right?"

"Yeah. It was." I said honestly.

"It's a shame that Ed— Adonis." My mom said, staring at me.

"What is that?"

"What is what mom?"

"That! Your neck?! Is that a hickey?!"

I cursed to myself, remembering that before she left Farrah told me that it was there..and to be careful.

"Is it???" She asked.

"No..it's a..rash."

"Adonis-"

"Mom really. I wouldn't do something...like that..."

She rolled her eyes and left my room.

She believed that, right?

The next morning went like normal, with my mom no longer mad at Eden and I..she was back taking us to school.

The first few periods of the day went on like any Monday, until finally it was it was the last period of the day. For me it was chemistry.

When I sat down, I noticed Sebastian across the classroom. Before I wouldn't give him a second thought...but now..I don't know how I feel about that guy.

I guess he noticed me look at him, because he got up and walked over to me.

Oh no.

"Hey Adonis, I heard through the uh grapevine, that you and Farrah are together. Is that true?" He laughed.

Why was Sebastian and the grapevine even discussing Farrah and I?

"Yeah..it is."

"Oh. Really? Damn, good for you two." He said, sounding a little surprised.

He sat in the empty seat next to me.

"I've been talking to her a lot...well I'm sure you've noticed. Listen I don't want no problems bro, I had no idea about y'all two."