𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬

-

-

HIS FACE DREW CLOSER TO MINE, causing my mind to race, attempting to process what was happening- or what was about to happen. A part of me knew it was a bad idea, but that part was clouded with the alcohol I'd consumed during my evening. Before I could stop myself, I connected our lips, without a second thought.

It was like something just clicked. What started off as an unsure soft kiss began to turn into a passionate makeout session. All thoughts were thrown out the window as the kiss intensified, his hand pulling me close, my hands in his hair. Nothing else mattered; all the pent up frustration finally came free.

"I wanted you from the moment I laid eyes on you." He mumbles against my lips, and I smile slightly before quickly being recaptured in his embrace, his arms holding my waist as his lips trail down my neck, leaving little love bites scattered everywhere, which I'm sure I'll kill him for later. The moment was interrupted by Nano's phone ringing, which at first he didn't care for, but suddenly he changed his mind and pulled away, walking away to the alleyway to talk privately. This gave me time to wrap my head around what had just happened, and my initial thought was 'what the fuck', and the second thought was how much pain my feet were in after wearing these heels for hours. As I sat on the wall, attempting to get my heels off with a struggle, Nano returns, looking stressed. He pulls a photo from inside his jacket pocket, shaking his head. "I saved a mans life today, but in doing so, I think I've signed my death sentence." He stares to the photo once more, before ripping it up and throwing it in the rubbish bin beside him. I shake my head at him, my mind sobering up at his words, instantly worrying about him. He must have noticed the nervousness on my face, because he smiles, forcing out a small laugh as if to make me feel better. "Don't worry Little Italia, it'll be fine. I have to go though okay, get some rest." He says, pulling me to him as he hugs me once more, planting a kiss on my forehead before rushing off.

As I stand there, heels in my hand, I begin to feel anxious, realizing what I've done. Nano. Nano is Samuel's brother. Christian's best friend. And I've just gone and made life ten times more complicated. What a surprise. I walk up the stairs to my apartment, heading inside for a quick shower so I don't feel so messy. It was almost midnight now, if not later, and I stood in the shower, hot water running down my back as I overthink just about every decision tonight. What if he decides to tell Samuel we kissed. How do I even feel about the kiss? What about Christian? Guzman? How will Marina react? I stop myself from worrying further by getting out the shower and putting on some comfy clothes before leaving the house, planning on heading to the pizza shop down the road. As I open my front door I hear familiar voices downstairs. Curiosity getting the best of me, I peer down the stairs to see Samuel on the stairs, talking to Omar.

"Omar, lo sé. Y no soy el único, Guzmán también lo sabe. Lo que no sé es por qué no me lo has dicho." Samuel says, upset evident in his voice. Samuel and Omar have been friends for a long time, so whatever it is, I get why Samuel is upset. "Sólo lo hago para ganar algo de dinero. No te asustes." Omar responds, head leaning against the door frame as Samuel scoffs in annoyance. I listen carefully, as the boys seem confused, with Omar accidentally admitting he's dealing. If that wasn't what Samuel was talking about, then maybe Samuel knows Omar might be gay, but I have no idea. I decide to leave the pair to it, walking back in the apartment. Pulling out a quick microwave meal, I settle on macaroni cheese for the night, putting it in the microwave for a couple of minutes before settling into bed, placing my bowl on my bed as I grab my laptop, settling it on my lap as I begin to finish my homework for Martin's class, occasionally taking bites of macaroni.

And after a long nights rest, I woke up incredibly late for class and incredibly hungover, using a pair of sunglasses to shield my eyes from the daylight. As I rushed into class, apologizing profusely to Martin as I stepped inside, finding my seat quickly. "After a complaint during office hours, I've decided to change the grades. Nadia, you have a 9.5 now." She looks around at Lú, who has a smug expression on her face, and she shakes her head at Martin. "I'd like to file a complaint-". Martin cuts her off, quickly, not even giving her a chance, "I've already decided. No need to go over it. I'm very sorry. Besides, being second in your class is no tragedy. Now, let's continue." He says, abruptly moving on to a new topic in class. I groan as he drones on about something boring, and I shake my head as I feel Ander tapping my side.

"Oi." He says, and I look up at him from where my head was resting on the table. "Have you heard from Omar?" He asks, and I stare at him, debating whether to mention the conversation I overheard last night. "He's probably fine, don't worry," I said, patting his shoulder as he stares down as his phone, staring at messages presumably from Omar. He then looks up to me, confusion laced in his eyes. "Where did you go last night? None of us saw you after a while." He asked, and I decided to keep the kiss a secret. "I, um, walked home. Took a long time, especially cause I was drunk." I bit my tongue as he stared at me quizzically as if he didn't quite believe me. In the end, he seemed satisfied, and as the bell rang he grabbed my hand and lead me off to the field so we could smoke and relax. I had missed his company.

As we sat on the field, out of sight from most people, he blurted out the words I didn't expect him to say at all. "I'm gay. In case you didn't know." I turned to him and he surveyed my face, before frowning. "You're not surprised?" He asked, and I leaned on his shoulder, responding "I saw you kiss Omar, a few weeks ago, on the bridge. Figured you'd talk about it when you were ready. I'm really happy for you Ander." He turns to me in shock, before engulfing me in a big hug. "I feel like I can tell you anything; I just know I can trust you." He says and I return the hug, glad to have a friend like Ander in my life.

At least that's one person I can trust.

————————————————————»

𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐚𝐝𝐚. 𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐨𝐥. 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟐 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐢 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥?

𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 :)