Volume 02 Chapter 21

I'm doomed!

When she thought her father would explode, he only asked Qing Xianfeng a question.

"If my daughter will be married to you, what will happen to her?"

Her little devil look at her father with his deep, serious eyes.

"I'll devote my whole life to her and love only her, never take any concubines or women as I can't have feelings for them as I have with her."

She felt her soul warming up when she heard her little devil's words. Even though she don't know if his feelings are true, deep inside her, she can feel she can trust his words.

After Qing Xianfeng said that, her beloved father immediately gave his consent and started discussing their marriage.

He started to talk about the schedule of the wedding, the foods to be serve, the visitors to be invited, and heck! He even asked her little devil if they have to put her in a house arrest as to prevent her from escaping their marriage!

She immediately looks at her father with an aggrieved eyes.

Is he your daughter or me? Why do I feel like you're marrying me away so eagerly?

Fortunately, her sane mother calmed her enthusiastic father down, saying they still have to discussed this with Qing Xianfeng's father and have them exchange jades to keep it officially.

After that, the two families met.

She don't know what tricks her little devil do to convinced his strict father who's having an enthusiastic discussion with her beloved father while discussing marriage.

After the discussion, the two families decides to held the wedding after Qing Xianfeng becomes 17. They first thought it to be 18 and she secondly agreed to that but a certain little devil protested and wants to be in his 16.

Qing Xianfeng will 15 next month, making him wait for a few years.

So after the long discussion, they backed down a little and put it on his 17th birthday. The certain little devil could only grumpily agreed.

Many months had passed and one year had gone by, Shi Lingyan is now 22.

During that passed year, many things had changed.

Her maidservant Lu Xi had married Young Master Xu Rong of Count Zongcheng.

During the time of her run, she freed her maidservants and let them manage her restaurant.

At that time, Lu Xi became acquainted with Young Master Xu Rong, who was heartbroken because of his broken engagement with little loli.

As a saying goes, a broken heart will mend in time and a caring heart will cover the void. The two people became closer in time and fall in love with each other.

At first, the Count Zongcheng didn't agreed with this couple union. But with the help of the Duke of Zhou, Duke of Shao, and Prince of Jing, the Count yields and let the two marry. How could he? The three titans are ganging him up!

Now they are happily married and have a baby coming.

During that time, Marquis of Xingyan's Young Miss Meng Shuilian will also marrying Duke of Zhou's First Young Master Qing Ningmo. Their time in getting together had been delayed because the pusher (antagonist) of their love is gone. Now they will held their wedding in two months prior.

As for the story's protagonist little loli, she still don't have a baby. In the story's timeline, she'll get pregnant in the age of 16 which will be coming in next month.

Now, Shi Lingyan is in the Prince of Jing Manor, visiting her little loli who invited her in, looking shocked and bewildered at the beautiful little woman in front of her.

"You want to go to what?"

"The Shura Village. I want to go there."

The Shura Village is where the little loli lived in her passed life so Shi Lingyan is shocked when she heard it in her mouth that she wants to go back in that horrible place.

"But-"

"Please jie-jie. You had already ventured outside alone for years. Just this once. I just want to peek once and leave after that."

Shi Lingyan felt a bit complicated while looking at the newly arrived mission.

[Side Task 11: Explore the Mystery

Description: Accompany Qing Lanbai to the mysterious Shura Village

Reward for Completion: 200

Penalty for Failure: -300]

Little devil and pedo-prince are not here right now. They are subjugating some kind rebellion in southern border. Now, she and little loli can sneak away without the eyes of their men.

In truth, Shi Lingyan was also curious about that mysterious village so she gave an answer that she would eventually regret.

"Okay."

Soon after, she and little loli are inside a carriage with a two dark-faced men sitting beside them.

Shi Lingyan and Qing Lanbai look with each other.

How did they put in this kind of situation?

After agreeing in little loli's request Shi Lingyan disguised themselves as a two scholar brothers who wanted to venture outside to gain experience.

They arrived in the village and noticed it's quite too silent for them to bear as there were no people or animals inside as if it was abandoned.

Then, they heard a beating of drum and tried to look for it. They eventually found the missing villagers wearing some creepy black cloaks, doing some kind of ritual.

As they want to leave quietly and not to disturbed them, they were unfortunately found out when they accidentally stepped into a branch causing the angry villagers chased after them.

They were caught in no time and was about to be killed when they were rescued by the two men's soldiers.

Now, they have to brunt the impending anger of the two storms.

What now?